5.0 out of 5 stars TRY IT- YOU won't be disappointed
I am nearly 63 years old. I have followed many DIETS throughout my life time because for most of my life I have been fighting all those extra pounds. Several worked, some did not. I realize now that it was because they are DIETS. Several years ago I swore I would never buy another DIET book. One day, and I still do not know where the inspiration came from. I found...
Published on Dec 26 2005 by carridesigns

3.0 out of 5 stars Does it work?
Let me get a few things out of the way before reviewing the book itself. I've been on the Blood Type O diet for 9 months now and have lost 30 lbs. To give you some background I started a new job in a new industry about 3 years ago and had gained nearly 25 lbs due to the long hours and free snacks and dinners (which I ate because I was working 60-90 hours a week) - in...
Published on Jan. 24 2004 by Galen K. Valentine

‹ Previous | 136 37 38 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars To call it a "Diet Book" almost a disservice, May 14 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution (Hardcover)
This is a book about individuality that just happens to have a dietary component. A very good book, I might add

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a book that caters to each of us, March 31 1997
By A Customer
D'adamo takes a very careful approach to a subject that could be easily qualified as "quackery". His explanation as to why his work deserves the time to read it is outstanding. I could not believe what I was reading ! All the sudden every single diet I tried and failed, and the reasons for it were clear. I started two weeks ago, and hage already changed my lifestyle around this book. I figured I could dedicate one or two weeks, and see what happens... well, I was flabergasted ! within three days all my gastric problems went away, and wihtin a week, I was feeling better than ever and starting to lose unneeded weight... I am a believer

5.0 out of 5 stars A logical approach to staying healthy., Jan. 18 1997
By A Customer
The author mixes a little history, some anecdotes, specific
diet plans, and a thorough explanation of blood types to
make a convincing case for the how and why of healthy eating
based on your blood type. You'll gain an understanding of
the 4 blood types and their link to nutrition and diet.
Dr. D'Adamo succeeds in sharing his enthusiasm and knowledge
with the reader. Read it, use it as a reference book, and
leave on the coffee table for the inevitable "what's your
type?" discussion.

5.0 out of 5 stars This guy cracked the code!, Jan. 17 1997
By A Customer
I am amazed by this book. I've not finished it yet, but it seems to make so much sense! Very well written and referenced. One wonders why the connection between diet and blood type was not discovered earlier. Simply written, but not oversimplified. Much more than just about diet

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a diet that recognizes the individual -- Amazing!!!, Jan. 14 1997
Dr. D'Adamo has achieved what NO other diet/health book has
...recognized that we are all individuals. "Eat Right 4 Your
Type" takes the reader on an amazing journney from the dawn of
humankind to the present exploring the role of blood type in
human development and offers common sense diets, excercises and tips for
living that we can all use.

A must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for any health conscious person!, Jan. 14 1997
By A Customer
Dr. D'Adamo clearly and concisely traces the evolution of the 4 different blood types and their relationship to diet and health. The author explains in detail the effect diet and exercise have on people of each different blood type. Readers will find customized diets for each blood type with listings of beneficial and detrimental foods for each type. This is clearly not a "one diet fits all" book. I think think this book will answer a lot of questions for people who have tried a lot so called healthy diets with little or no results. The book is well written in a clear and understandable format

1.0 out of 5 stars Honestly, read some science and talk to your doctor!!, Dec 16 2003
By A Customer
My guess is those of you that are singing the praises of this book and are calling it your saviour are people who weren't on balanced diets to begin with and with this book you started actually watching what you ate and kept things to moderation. And by some miracle the diet actually coincided with your metabolism and made you feel better or lose weight or whatever. The theory is bogus. It has to be. There are so many other proteins on a red blood cell besides just the one that determines type. Basing a diet off of your blood type is just ridiculous. Here's an idea, talk to your doctor, check out the food pyramid and get some exercise once in a while and stop eatting fast food. Moderation, moderation, moderation. Yes, you can have a piece of cake, just not the whole cake in one sitting. But seriously, talk to your doctor, someone who knows how the body works, and get the diet that's right for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Going to give it a try..., Jan. 21 2004
GW (Syracuse, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I've been trying to optimize my diet for years and I think the theories put forth by Dr. D'Adamo may be plausible. I have to say that I found some of the negative reviews of the book to be worthless to me because they didn't actually address what's in the book! One mentions saving your money and following a generic diet of fruits, veges, lean meats, etc and exercise - the basic advice of nutritionists for decades. Well, I've been doing that for decades and I've noticed problems with my digestion, energy levels, etc, and to my knowledge they are not disease related, so this one-size fits all advice is just not sufficient for me. I know through my own experience and discussions with other people that people have different constitutions and respond uniquely to different foods.
I think the book potentially has a lot to offer and I'm going to give the diet for my blood type a try.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, Aug. 2 2001
drjanetbrown (Tuscon, Arizona) - See all my reviews
It is ludicrous that each person is different in their nutritional needs, and that we need to find what works best, using the guidelines of whatever particular book you may be reading at the moment. Humans are supposed to need widely varying types of diet, from carnivore to vegetarian, depending on their blood type. What about dogs, or elephants or giraffes? They all eat the same thing, determined by their SPECIES, not their blood type. Dogs have been domesticated and roaming the continents as long as human beings have, but vets don't blood type them before they prescribe the best diet. Why are humans the only species that qualifies?
Another diet flunks the common sense test.

3.0 out of 5 stars eat poorly? good self-discipline? this is the book for you, July 30 2001
O. Lee "nycreader" (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
If you currently eat a lot of junk food or crap, but want to eat healthier, this book is a decent framework of heathly eating and portioning. My main problem with this book is that most people already know what food are healthy (fruit, veggies, lean meats) but lack the self control to avoid junk food. If you don't have the self control, you won't be able to follow this book's guidelines either. Especially since some of the guidelines seem very arbitrary, like as a type B, I can't eat tomatoes. My problem with that is 1) I love tomatoes 2) how can tomatoes be bad for me? 3) I feel fine after I eat tomatoes (and I do eat a lot of them). Rather than considering some foods poison and some foods medicine, I think that people are better off eating reasonable portions and paying attention to how they feel after eating foods. For example, I am starting to pay more attention to how I feel after eating meals or snacking, and noticed that my fingers swell and I get bloated after drinking coke. While this is gross, it's been a couple of weeks without coke and I feel a bit better. I did sneak half of one over the weekend, but felt so yucky that I tossed it halfway through. It's more important to pay attention to your body and think about what your feeding yourself rather than looking at a list of good foods and blindly eating them.

‹ Previous | 136 37 38 | Next ›

Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution
Eat Right 4 Your Type: The Individualized Diet Solution by Catherine Whitney (Hardcover - Jan. 17 2002)
CDN$ 31.00 CDN$ 19.44