4.0 out of 5 stars Nora Robert scores big with this contemporary Suspense.
Published on Oct. 26 2002 by Deborah MacGillivray

3.0 out of 5 stars one of NR's best
I wanted a "beach book" and got a good one! Roberts was quite good at building suspense... in fact, it superceded the love scenes, in my opinion.
I think Roberts crammed in too much at the end of the book, I would have rather seen a more thoughtful unfurling of the plot.
But, overall, a decent read.
Published on July 14 2004 by snowblaze

4.0 out of 5 stars Nora Robert scores big with this contemporary Suspense., Oct. 26 2002
Haunted by the dreams of Hope, Tory knows she must return to face the nightmare of what happened to Hope, and to stop the man who killed her friend, for he was killing still now 20 years later.
Being back in lazy Southern town causes problems, for there are those that wish she had never returned to stir up old scars and memories. Faith still resents that her twin sister was closer to Tory. Cade, their older brother,wants answers about his sister's death he knows Tory holds, but he also want Tory.
Is the mad man killing on August 23 the man that fathered Tory? Or one of the other upstanding citizens of Progress.
This book won't let you but it down!!

4.0 out of 5 stars moody, murder mystery that keeps you on the edge!, Nov. 20 2001
Nora Robert scores big with this contemporary Suspense. Tory and Hope were constant companions, twins of the soul even though Hope already had a real twin sister, Faith. Faith always resented the bond. Then one night all their lives were shattered. What was to be a midnight camp out by two 8 years olds bent on adventure, sees one girl beaten severely, another raped and dead in the swamp. Tory and Hope were to sneak out and meet late that night, but Tory's brutal father took a belt to his only child because she had the devil in her, she was born with 'the sight'. Bruised mentally and physically, she was unable to meet Hope as they planned. And it may have cost Hope her life. Though unable to go Hope's aid, Tory suffered the torment of 'seeing' her true friend murdered in a brutal fashion.

This book won't let you but it down!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Read, Oct. 31 2007
I guess whoever reads the customers reviews is a fan or at least have heard about Nora Roberts. The reason I write this review is that I am not a Nora Robers fan and I actually avoided her works, but since I was done with all my favorites writers and I wanted a book to read on the plane in summer and a friend told me since I liked "After the Night" by Linda Howard I will love Carolina Moon as well. Anyways, after I read the book I must say that she was right and I really loved it but since I do not know much about her works. I was wondering is you people who read all of her books might give me ideas as what are her best books and buttom line, which ones would you recommand. I will appreciate it.

3.0 out of 5 stars one of NR's best, July 14 2004
snowblaze (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
But, overall, a decent read.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL BOOK!!!!, July 8 2004
Dana Y. Bowles "DYB" (West Chester, PA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carolina Moon (Hardcover)
My first Nora Roberts novel....no wonder she's so popular! In a great blend of mystery, romance and suspense this story tells the tale of Tory Bodeen--a woman with the gift of ESP and hellish childhood memories. As a child, her best friend and soulmate Hope was viciously murdered--and the culprit was never found. Now, as a young woman, Tory returns to Progress, South Carolina, the town where she grew up, to confront her own personal demons. However, there are a couple of physical ones that Tory must also contend with; her own abusive father, who seems intent on continuing that legacy, and Hope's murderer--who is still out there. Or are they one and the same? Equally disturbing to Tory are the feelings that she is discovering that she has for Hope's surviving brother Kincade...has she found love at last? Can it survive all of the violence and evil to come?
Nora Roberts has put together the best of every genre in this wonderful tale. She has certainly found another fan in me.
DYB

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Summer Read., July 6 2004
Roberts has a great talent for keeping her readers interested in this novel. Up until the last five pages..my thoughts were she should have left it out or used another character.
One of my biggest disappointments of this book was Roberts poor taste in using God's & Jesus' name in vain continuously :( . She could have chosen a numerous amount of words that would emphasize the emotions of her characters.
Other than that it was difficult to put the book down! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favs by ms roberts..., July 5 2004
By A Customer
I won't go into detail about the summary of the book because others have already done that. I will say this is one of my favorite books by Nora Roberts (other than the In Death series). The characters are very well developed and you could relate to them. The one thing I wanted was a longer ending. Or maybe even a sequel. Or maybe Tory's child or grandchild helping Eve Dallas out on a murder investigation. Hey, it could happen. After all, she's the author of both stories.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good up until the Scooby Doo ending, June 23 2004
By A Customer
I was enjoying this book and found it a good suspense read, however, I was a bit disappointed by the scooby-doo type ending. I won't ruin the ending for you readers. I'll just say Roberts pulled that out of thin air with no clues leading to it. You could never get to that conclusion based on the things she tells you throughout the book and she tries to wrap up the real ending in the last 5 pages (I could just hear the scooby group explaining the impossible to solve mystery in 2 minutes). I also feel the author left some loose ends (like between Margaret and Tory). It is a surprise ending, but aren't all mysteries supposed to be like that? This ending was just totally out of the reader's reach, came out of nowhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard to Put Down, May 29 2004
I really enjoyed this book. Nora Robert's female characters were becoming a bit too predictable and I was starting to get bored but when I read this book, she had some diverse characters and the story moved quickly. A lovely romance with some thriller qualities about it. I would recommend this book as one of Nora's best books.

5.0 out of 5 stars All in one, Mystery, Romance, Suspense, May 20 2004
Melissa Huettner (Tacoma, Washington United States) - See all my reviews
I have never read a Nora Roberts book before. I picked up Carolina Moon because I live in South Carolina. That was the only reason.
I could not put it down. I've read it twice. I loved how Ms. Roberts combined several genres in one book. I'm not a romance junkie, but this one was good for me.
I also loved how I knew the places she was talking about because I live near them. She described the locals with precision.
A big thumbs up from me!

ARRAY(0xac779120)

Carolina Moon
Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts (Hardcover - Feb. 11 2002)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01