biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store s Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: HardcoverChange

Showing 81-90 of 142 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 20, 2014
This book is a page turner. It gives us a look back in history. It was easy to visualize the environment and settings in one's mind as one was reading the book. I was not surprised when this book got turned into a movie.
on June 22, 2013
I wanted to read the help before watching the movie, and the book was better than I had expected. It is simple to read, and the story line is just gripping. The movie honestly does not pay it as much justice as it should
on March 3, 2010
Loved this book. Fantastic character development, you can picture them so vividly. Really opened my eyes to how black women (in particular) were treated in the Southern states not too long ago. Would highly recommend.
on March 5, 2014
The book, "The Help" is an insightful look at the relationships between 'colored' servants, the people they worked for and the racial rift as seen from the perspective of the servants.
on September 5, 2011
AMAZING read! Couldn't put it down. The humor was just always at the right time for this not-discussed, taboo topic. Can't wait to see the movie and discuss it in my book club.
on March 9, 2013
I loved The Help! It was a fantastic book I couldn't put down. Delivery from Amazon was not good as the book took weeks to show up and then turned out to be large font text.
on December 14, 2011
I couldn't buy the paperback version at the bookstore for this price! Great price and easy shopping! With two toddlers, online shopping is much easier for me. Love Amazon!
on July 23, 2012
wow... WHAT AN AMAZING BOOK! What they are saying about the help is defiantly correct. A must read for anyone who loves books! wasn't able to put it down until i was done.
on June 4, 2013
It was just an amazing read... So true to real life and opens your eyes on how people have treated the African Americans with such disrespect even to this day...
on November 9, 2010
I loved this book. I laughed out loud many times. I found myself re- thinking how I treat people on a daily basis, especially anyone working for me!