march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 81-90 of 144 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on January 20, 2014
This book is a page turner. It gives us a look back in history. It was easy to visualize the environment and settings in one's mind as one was reading the book. I was not surprised when this book got turned into a movie.
on June 22, 2013
I wanted to read the help before watching the movie, and the book was better than I had expected. It is simple to read, and the story line is just gripping. The movie honestly does not pay it as much justice as it should
on March 3, 2010
Loved this book. Fantastic character development, you can picture them so vividly. Really opened my eyes to how black women (in particular) were treated in the Southern states not too long ago. Would highly recommend.
on March 5, 2014
The book, "The Help" is an insightful look at the relationships between 'colored' servants, the people they worked for and the racial rift as seen from the perspective of the servants.
on September 5, 2011
AMAZING read! Couldn't put it down. The humor was just always at the right time for this not-discussed, taboo topic. Can't wait to see the movie and discuss it in my book club.
on December 14, 2011
I couldn't buy the paperback version at the bookstore for this price! Great price and easy shopping! With two toddlers, online shopping is much easier for me. Love Amazon!
on July 23, 2012
wow... WHAT AN AMAZING BOOK! What they are saying about the help is defiantly correct. A must read for anyone who loves books! wasn't able to put it down until i was done.
on November 9, 2010
I loved this book. I laughed out loud many times. I found myself re- thinking how I treat people on a daily basis, especially anyone working for me!
on July 13, 2009
I am a bookaholic and this is the first time I have ever wanted to post a review!!
I LOVED it, I loved the storytelling, the beautiful phrasing, the heartache, the humour and the overall loveliness of this book.
I am heartbroken that it is over because I truly miss the characters.
I am also left with a much better understanding of what the USA "felt like" just a few years before I was born (my mom's descriptions of the south make much more sense now).
on January 8, 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Humans good, bad, selfish and loving....you have it all as you go back in time. Lets learn from this, mutual respect.