5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
I absolutely LOVED this book. Kathryn Stockett did an amazing job. I loved how the story was written from the perspectives of the different women. I enjoyed seeing the world through their very different eyes and watching them develop throughout the story. The beautifully descriptive writing drew me in and made me feel like I was right there. This is an intense story of...
Published on Feb. 10 2009 by Tara Robertson

2.0 out of 5 stars They've done it again
I kept hearing all the excitement this book and its movie are generating, so I bought a copy and read it cover-to-cover. The author certainly has talent as a writer but I am disappointed at yet another *Great White Hope* story where groups or generations of disenfranchised minorities are powerless until the white hero or heroine swoops in and liberates these poor folk -...
Published on Sept. 27 2011 by P. Sibun

‹ Previous | 18 9 1018 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth reading, Sept. 19 2011
K. Knitel "Kat" (Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
This is chick lit that I still suggested some men read, knowing they would enjoy it. Nice story, really well written, it didn't change my life but I really enjoyed it. Worth the read, good for a lazy sunday afternoon, and I think a book club could appreciate it too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but not as thought provoking as I'd hoped, June 20 2014
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
Decided to read this since the movie received good reviews. While an interesting read, I was hoping for a more emotional tale, given its topic and setting. For example, the writing doesn't do justice to the danger behind what Skeeter and her subjects are doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, Sept. 16 2011
Frederic Jacques (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
This book relates a touching story in a pivotal period of America. Taking place in Jackson (Mississippi), it gives a different insight of the last times of segregation from the inside. The characters are bigger than nature. This is an inspired and inspiring story.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have read, Dec 1 2013
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
While I love the movie which I saw first I knew the book would have more to it and I was right. I just couldn't put it down I felt like I was right there with them in the 1960's Mississippi and I got to know the characters in more depth. I just loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, Aug. 4 2011
bev nichols (Kingston, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I couldn't put this book down, once I started to read it. After finishing it, I feel hungry for more similar books. I found this book very moving and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good read on a lazy afternoon. Be prepared to be spellbound!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, March 25 2014
Sigie (St-Romuald, Qubec Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
As a woman, I greatly appreciated the book. It's a great story with also a great perspective on what it was like to be a woman (black or white) back then. I you saw the movie and didn't think much of it, rest assured, the book is a thousand times better!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Help, Feb. 23 2012
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
Delivery was on time. The book is well written and I recall the timing
of the subject when there was so much unrest in the white and black
communities. The author is very talented and I'm looking forward
to more of her novels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Songs Are Still Amazing, Aug. 22 2011
This review is from: The Help: Movie Tie-In (Paperback)
It may only be a piffle of a film next to its immediate predecessor, but songs such as "You're Gonna Lose That Girl," "The Night Before," and of course the title tune will always be classics, making this ripe for rediscovery by future generations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Changed my life. Bought 4 copies for others., Jan. 18 2015
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I have bought 4 copies of this book now, and gift them to people on memorable events. The book will show you how people work together in spite of perceived differences to achieve something for the good of all rather than the benefit of a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, May 28 2014
This review is from: The Help (Paperback)
I really like this book. I like the story. It is a way to tell people what had happened in the past and how the Help were treated. I watched the movie after I read the book but the movie is nothing compare to this. Highly recommended!!!

‹ Previous | 18 9 1018 | Next ›

The Help
The Help by Kathryn Stockett (Hardcover - Feb. 10 2009)
CDN$ 31.00 CDN$ 19.44