5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Clancy
I loved that book from cover to cover......... It is smart, imaginative and filled with enigma and thrill. I can't wait for the sequal of sort. Yes there will be a sequal and I suspect as I write this down it is being either written or at proof reading . If anyone does not beleive me, read the last page.

With James Patterson, David Baldaci and Clive Cussler Ton...
Published on Feb. 14 2012 by lalondejp

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed
I was an old fan of Tom Clancy back in the day of "Red Storm Rising" and "Cardinal Of The Kremlin". I even enjoyed "Without Remorse" and "Rainbow Six", even though it started to become cowboy-ish. However I stopped reading his books when the Ops-Center and Net Force series came out. I found them to be schlocky and simply not worth my time.

Recently I...
Published 21 months ago by inex

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, Oct. 18 2012
This review is from: Locked On (Hardcover)

Recently I received "Locked On" as a gift and upon reading the first couple of pages I thought perhaps Clancy had gone back to his old style of writing. What a mistake...

1 - This book is ghost written. It's clear by the style of writing. Not to say this is a bad thing, but it's quite noticeable. The level of detail is poor. There are glaring character development mistakes and it feels simply unreal and/or unbelievable.

2 - I've admittedly missed some of Clancy's books just prior to "Locked On", so I haven't seen the evolution of his writing or his personality. However I was absolutely shocked at the level of political partisanship. I'm neither right or left but I found his obtuse and generalized view of both political parties to be a disservice to him, his readers and dare I say his fellow countrymen.

3 - Clancy has always had an American slant. America always has the edge in his books. I never begrudged him that. It's his country, his book. Why not. But I couldn't believe that the entire book had essentially 4 characters hopping around the globe solving everyone's problems. Not only that, but there was a conscious effort to make every government institution (American or otherwise) appear useless if not corrupt and damaging to it's citizens.

4 - And on that last point, it seems to me that the author thinks that a private, off-the-books, company, dealing in wet-work and breaking local and international law is somehow a good thing. All I have to say is... "Nuts". Don't get me wrong. A good story can incorporate these elements. However it's very clear that Clancy and his ghost-writer are pushing an agenda and ideology rather than simply delivering a riveting tale.

Plainly put, I will likely never read another Clancy novel. I recommend potential readers look elsewhere for their espionage, military fiction reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best, but a good read, May 4 2012
J. Nestor - See all my reviews
This review is from: Locked On (Hardcover)
Locked On has all of the standard Clancy traits: interwoven story lines, lots of military detail, and some good twists and turns to keep you interested. Certainly not his best, but a good ready for any Clancy fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Typical Clancy, Feb. 14 2012

With James Patterson, David Baldaci and Clive Cussler Ton Clancy is KING

Amazon better send me a notice when that is published

J.P.Lalonde

4.0 out of 5 stars Technology + Jack R Jr = entertainment, May 27 2014
good pace and lots of surprises is what I expect from Clancy and his successors. Looking forward to the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great books, May 2 2014
Paul Mayall (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Locked On (Mass Market Paperback)
I wouldn't buy them if I didn't want them. Always good. Especially these authors. I need to add more words so. There.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, Dec 22 2013
this was another installment of the Jack Ryan series, focusing on Junior, it was a good read and a god continuation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, May 4 2013
If you like Tom Clancy books you'll like this one too. Well written, lots of drama, once started you won't want to put it down

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid Clancy, March 17 2013
Really typical Clancy fare. Not his best work but definitely not his worst. Pretty straightforward plot with only one or two twists. Prefer Clancy when several apparently disparate plots come together in the end. This one really only had two and a bit of deus ex machina used to pull them together. Maybe the villain's role was underdeveloped in this one. However, at the end of the day, I enjoyed it and rushed through the last 100 or so pages because I couldn't put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom Clancy and his "Ghost Writers", Feb. 20 2013
This review is from: Locked On (Hardcover)
You can never go wrong with a Tom Clancy story. Clancy's original writings were 100% pure excitement to read! Since he just uses his name to sell novels written by someone else, they are not as good as the pure Tom Clancy books.
Nevertheless, I am about half way through "Locked On" and I am enjoying it very much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Still not here., Jan. 1 2014
This review is from: Locked On (Mass Market Paperback)
I specifically ordered this book from what I thought was a Canadian site.... Daily deal canada. It was promised to be here b/w dec 6-23rd. As it was a Christmas gift and it's now Jan 1st.... The delivery date has long passed. I was told it was held up at customs---- something I thought I was avoiding by using a Canadian site. Turns out it is not Canadian specific. Very unclear and I won't be using them again. I hope I get my order soon!

Locked On
Locked On by Mark Greaney (Hardcover - Dec 13 2011)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01