summer boutiques-francophones vpcflyout All-New Kindle sports Tools Registry Furniture

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-7 of 7 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on December 27, 2011
I gave up after the second try. Scarpetta is extremely morbid to the point of annoying. I find the last few Scarpetta novels similar. I use to love Cornwall books and is the reason I love foresic mysteries but the last few attempts are just torture to finish. I'm sorry, as much as I enjoyed reading the Scarpetta novels up to Scarpetta marrying Benton, I am no longer going to read her novels.
on January 9, 2012
This, alas, will likely be the last Patricia Cornwell book I ever buy. I said that the last time, but after reading a few initial good reviews, hope conquered experience and I bought Red Mist. I shouldn't have. I've read all of the Scarpetta novels over the years and loved the earlier ones. The last few have been bad and getting worse. I couldn't help thinking as I plowed through Red Mist, that if this had been a first book submitted to publishers it would have received nothing but rejection slips. The plot was not believable, the characters have one emotional speed (angry/irritable) and there was little or no real tension. There's no mystery - the foreshadowing (if you can call it that) was more like being hit over the head with a mallet. And motive? Who needs a compelling motive? Add to that, just plain lousy writing, which seemed to indicate that Cornwell's editor(s) seem to give her carte blanche these days. Either that, or she's trying very hard to get out of a long contract with her publisher. Either way, don't waste your money. There are far, far more compelling mystery writers out there worth your time and attention. (Lisa Gardner, Greg Iles, Harlen Coben, Michael Connelly...)
on January 1, 2012
I must repeat all that is written in the previous reviews ... such a loss of a once
magnificant author . There was a time I stayed up all night to finish her books.. now
I am saddened to lose that gift she bestowed upon us. And the booksigning post was very
disheartening indeed :(
on January 4, 2012
I agree with the other comments - I was a diehard fan for years but not anymore. It's almost as if another author is writing these last books as they are not at all of the caliber we experienced in the earlier years. A complete disappointment on all accounts sadly.
on January 7, 2012
I have to agree with a lot of the previous reviews. This book plodded along. It took 200 pages for the story to get going! Like many of the other reviewers, I used to read every PC novel but the stories have really dwindled and I think this may be the last one I buy. I wish she would go back to her old format of writing, this one was just terrible.
on October 2, 2012
An arrogant book..could not get past 4 chapters. Written as if you needed to read all her previous books to follow the plot..who are these characters..she assumes we know & just carries on..Loved her early books but I m done with her.
on February 21, 2015
Very repetitive, poorly edited and the guilty party is the oldest soap opera cliché in the book. ... And I don't mean the butler.