5.0 out of 5 stars The Thief
I'm half way through this book and I simply have a hard time putting dowm........ Clive Cussler is a winner author in my book and comes very close to James Patterson .
Published on March 27 2012 by lalondejp

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts Off Stronger Than It Ends
"The beginning of strife is like releasing water; . . . ." -- Proverbs 17:14 (NKJV)

As with the other Isaac Bell adventures, this one is partly by water . . . and partly by train. The water has the edge in this story, especially in the beginning . . . a well plotted, intriguing set of events aboard the Mauretania.

I was disappointed in how the story...
Published on March 31 2012 by Donald Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thief, March 27 2012
This review is from: The Thief (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Story, June 6 2014
W. VanB (Burlington, ON) - See all my reviews
I am not sure what it is about these Cussler tales. As you get used to the character the more you want to read. This is the next in a very good page turning series. Action, adventure, intrigue. Keeps you guessing for a while, then just as you are about to figure it out he tells you who it is, and then wraps you up in figuring out how the main character is going to solve it without knowing what you know. Very fun read. Interesting historical setting too with trains and ships, coal and steam.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of hte better series, and a worthy addition, Jan. 25 2014
Dr. Tim Parker (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Thief (Mass Market Paperback)
I have liked Cussler's Isaac Bell series from the start, partly because it's a little tamer than some of the other adventure series he does, as well as the change in timeframe and technology. I look forward to reading the Bell releases, and this one was a solid read for me, from start to finish. Enjoyable, not too predictable, and enough twists to be interesting. A couple of late nights showed me how I was hooked on the Bell series. Another good addition to the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, Aug. 2 2013
This review is from: The Thief (Mass Market Paperback)
He truly knows how to keep you riveted to your seat when describing the situations the hero gets in to. Isaac Bell is a great hero

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring plot, May 19 2013
JF (Le Gardeur, Canada) - See all my reviews
I read about a third of the book and decided to quit (which I very seldom do). I found the plot underwhelming and the characters a bit shallow. The intrigue never hooked into me. Just got bored.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thief, April 7 2013
W. Badowich - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Thief (Mass Market Paperback)
Great book kept me interested all through the book, i would recommend the book to anyone who likes Clive Oliver.

3.0 out of 5 stars Starts Off Stronger Than It Ends, March 31 2012
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Thief (Hardcover)

I was disappointed in how the story developed once on land. It became just a slowly developing investigation where most of the "findings" are well telegraphed to the reader far in advance. I was tempted not to bother to finish the book, due to its ultimate development becoming overly transparent for my taste.

My main complaint about the book is that the premise behind it . . . an intense effort to acquire a critical technology . . . just didn't work all that well for me after I learned what the technology was. I don't want to spoil the story, but see what you think in this regard.

From that point on, I found myself "studying" a novel rather than being deeply buried in it . . . emotions and all.

I hope it will engage you more than it did me.

The Thief
The Thief by Justin Scott (Hardcover - March 6 2012)
CDN$ 29.50 CDN$ 23.60
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available