Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools

The Thief
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:$29.50+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-1 of 1 reviews(3 star)show all reviews
"The beginning of strife is like releasing water; . . . ." -- Proverbs 17:14 (NKJV)

As with the other Isaac Bell adventures, this one is partly by water . . . and partly by train. The water has the edge in this story, especially in the beginning . . . a well plotted, intriguing set of events aboard the Mauretania.

I was disappointed in how the story developed once on land. It became just a slowly developing investigation where most of the "findings" are well telegraphed to the reader far in advance. I was tempted not to bother to finish the book, due to its ultimate development becoming overly transparent for my taste.

My main complaint about the book is that the premise behind it . . . an intense effort to acquire a critical technology . . . just didn't work all that well for me after I learned what the technology was. I don't want to spoil the story, but see what you think in this regard.

From that point on, I found myself "studying" a novel rather than being deeply buried in it . . . emotions and all.

I hope it will engage you more than it did me.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again