5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for a great price!!
In preparing our list of Christmas books to share with others, we had to search far and wide on amazon to find this particular book, a paperback edition of the classic Night Before Christmas.
This is the book I've used for years when reading this story to my own children, passing on Tasha Tudor and other illustrators. Why?
Although we can find the same poem and...
Published on Nov. 1 2000 by Quaker Annie

3.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for.
Published on Jan. 24 2012 by Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for a great price!!, Nov. 1 2000
Although we can find the same poem and pay a lot more, with award winning illustrators, the illustrations provided by Douglas Gorsline are surely the best. They are quite colorful, and offer details little children love looking into...cats lie sleepily on the window sill, we see an overview of the town, the presents spilling from the open sack are intriguing and plentiful, and Jolly St. Nick is -- well, quite Jolly (as you can see by looking at the cover!)
The story is an "abridged version" - I'm not sure about other parents, but we read this on Christmas Eve, and we only have so much time and energy. Everything we remember from the classic poem by Clement Clarke Moore is in this version.
(From "'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse" to "He sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a whistle, And away they all flew like the down of a thistle. But I heard him exclaim, ere he drove out of sight,"HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD-NIGHT!" In between we have everything, from the names of the eight tiny reindeer, to a belly that shakes like a bowl full of jelly, including dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, when they meet with an obstacle, mount to the sky".
In other words, don't be scared off by 'abridged'!)
Perhaps a hardcover edition might be more appropriate if you're giving a gift (unless you're giving to more than one child), but this book is one of the best offers we've found!
A classic done simply and inexpensively!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully illustrated classic, Jan. 7 2013
Ellegee (Toronto, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
My family had a copy of this when I was growing up, and the beautiful drawings make me so nostalgic for the Christmases of my childhood. I bought this so my baby girl would grow up with it too. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, Oct. 25 2012
I search for this book based on my childhood memories of the artwork. You can imagine how many versions there are and my joy when I finally found this version with the artwork I fondly remember from my Christmas' past.

Shipping was fast although just slightly outside of the window they specified. Book arrived in pristine condition and I have no complaints. Price was right (1c!) and shipping cost was reasonable to my postal code in Southern Alberta.

If you are seeking the best "The Night Before Christmas" book out there, I can recommend this version and this seller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Get what you pay for., Jan. 24 2012
I bought this book for my husband as it was a cherished book from childhood and our son ripped the pages of his original one last year at xmas. It took a long time to find and succussfully purchase thid one. I was very pleased by the price of this book; however, when I received it, most of the revolving pages were ripped and cannot be used in the way it is meant to be. This was not stated in the discription when I was looking to purchase it. I am having a difficult time trying to find someone who is able to repair it as it is not just a simple fix, and do not really want to buy another one hoping it will be in better condition. All in all, I am still happy to atleast have it in the house, even though we cannot read it the way it should be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Jan. 21 2014
Book was in great shape when it arrived and illustrations were even better than I remember them as a kid. Package also arrived in the mail faster than I was expecting it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The classic, Jan. 17 2014
The illustrated book is wonderful - the illustrations are atmospheric and the children love the story as well. It's amust to read every Christmas Eve.

5.0 out of 5 stars classic story for tots, Jan. 15 2014
I love that this is cardborad, now kids as young as 1yr can hold in their lil hands one of the best holiday poems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely rendition of Night Before Christmas, Jan. 15 2014
This version of the much loved story is a classic. Beautiful drawings. Sure to be a treasure for the whole family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Jan. 8 2014
Good for young readers to ensure not ripped pages.
It really shows the effects of christmas
Well enjoyed at my house.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a pop-up, Jan. 1 2014
We were disappointed to find out that this is not a pop-up book as advertised. It's a good book otherwise.

ARRAY(0xc312f534)

Night Before Christmas
Night Before Christmas by Clement Morre (Hardcover - Oct. 1 1998)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01