5.0 out of 5 stars A Treasure to Read Again and Again, Nov. 6 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury (Hardcover)
I debated whether or not this book was worth the price, since we already owned and loved Jan Brett's The Wild Christmas Reindeer and I wasn't familiar with the other six stories in this edition. But after reading the glowing editorial reviews on this site, I ordered it anyway.
From the day it arrived at our house three weeks ago, it has been my two-year-old daughter's favorite possession. She begs me several times a day to read it to her, and I gladly comply. We stretch out on the bed with this oversize book across our laps, and happily journey to Jan Brett's magical world of snow, elves, reindeer, trolls, and Christmas joy. Most of the double-page spreads are a feast for the eyes.
I particularly enjoy The Twelve Days of Christmas and The Night Before Christmas. The illustrations in the former are charming, e.g., "the three French hens" are gussied up in Marie Antoinette gowns and white pompadour wigs, the "eleven ladies dancing" are flamenco dancers in vivid reds and pinks. The latter is set in a beautiful Victorian home and illustrated with amazingly intricate detail and brilliant colors.
As one who revels in wintry weather, I'm sure I will enjoy escaping into this book all year round, especially when it's hot and humid outside. I tell my daughter to "be very careful" when she handles this book, as I hope to still have it around when I am an old lady. To me, it's an heirloom.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Lavish Treasury, Nov. 18 2002
Terrie (Little Chute, WI USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury (Hardcover)
This big, bountiful treasury of Christmas stories by talented author and illustrator Jan Brett brings the full over-sized glory of seven beloved wintry tales together in one colorful book. The best-selling books that are included in this treasury are The Mitten, The Wild Christmas Reindeer, Trouble with Trolls, The Twelve Days of Christmas, The Hat, Christmas Trolls, and The Night Before Christmas. Brett's signature bold details and bright colors bring the Scandinavian traditions and style, typical of her work, magically to life. Reindeer and big Malamute dogs, mischievous trolls, hedegehogs, and children have adventures in the snowy North that will have you turning the pages all through the winter holidays. This is indeed a treasury and should not be missed. The stories are fun and full of action and the illustrations are second to none. This book is a lovely investment destined to be a family tradition that can be passed down through the generations, creating memories as it goes.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marvelous Holiday Experience....., Nov. 17 2001
This review is from: Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury (Hardcover)
Come spend the holiday season with Jan Brett. This magnificent oversized collection of her best, and your favorite Christmas stories celebrates the magic and joy of the holiday season through words and art. From The Mitten, The Wild Christmas Reindeer, Trouble With Trolls, and The Twelve Days Of Christmas, to The Hat, Christmas Trolls, and The Night Before Christmas, each tale is filled with the love and warmth of timeless, endearing characters, and exquisitely expressive artwork, that will mesmerize both young and old as they pore over all the brilliant detail. These are classic stories to be shared and savored by everyone in the family, again and again, year after year; a feast for both the eyes and ears that brings the glory of winter and the holidays to your home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Our New Christmas Tradition, Oct. 6 2002
"silksif" (Palouse, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury (Hardcover)
This book was one of the best book purhases that I have ever made for our family. Well worth the price, when you consider the cost of six hardback books separately. My now-seven-year old son and I have had a Christmas tradition of purchasing a new Christmas book for us to read together every year. Since this Treasury came out, the tradition has changed to buying a new Jan Brett book every year.
The stories and pictures are fantastic, but our favorite part about the Jan Brett book experience is looking for Hedgie the Hedgehog to make his appearance in each book. He's there, you just have to look! Try this with your little one. You're sure to have a great time, and maybe start a new tradition with your family!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jan Brett, Jan. 5 2003
This review is from: Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury (Hardcover)
The treasury contains 5 of Jan Brett's stories including The Mitten, The Wild Christmas Reindeer, Trouble with Trolls, The Twelve Days of Christmas, The Hat, Christmas Trolls, and The Night Before Christmas. Jan Brett's illstrations are very bright, colorful and detailed. This is our favorite winter book. My oldest daugther age 5, continues to find details in the borders and pictures of these wonderful books. Jan Brett is one of the best children's writers and illustrations ever! She also has a wonderful Web site to enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, Feb. 13 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury (Hardcover)
I have loved Jan Bretts work for some time. I was very excited about this collection, but the price was too high. I finally bit the bullet & it has been a wonderful addition to our collection. My 2.5 yr old loves to look @ the pictures as well as to have the stories read. I plan to buy this for all my nieces & nephews as my money supply allows. A great way to start a Christmas book collection

Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury
Jan Bretts Christmas Treasury by Jan Brett (Hardcover - Sept. 27 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 32.80