march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis SmartSaver Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Hardcover|Change

on November 9, 2011
I just discovered this book - immediately recognizing the illustrator's style. The pictures are eye-catching and my son, 3 1/2 years old, was completely engrossed.

Only issue - it made me CRY. Oh yes, in the story's pinnacle moment - I barely could keep it together to keep reading. I didn't expect that from a childrens book.

I will purchase this book for xmas and upcoming birthday presents for the kids in my life. Story of friendship, imagination and pushing the limits of the comfort zone. Great story for kids and adults alike.
on April 7, 2009
I am old enough to remember Berkely Breathed as a biting satirist with the Opus series. It was a joy to see that he has turned to writing wonderful childrens books. My daughter and I completely enjoyed reading the book and I loved the fact that I could tell her that I read Mr. Breathed's books when I was younger. We both especially loved the art.
on September 18, 2014
This book impressed me very much. I can't believe that I didn't find this book sooner, its just our cuppa of tea. What a beautiful love story. You will instantly fall in love with Pete and Pickles. There is so much to love on so many different levels.
on February 15, 2012
A beautifully illustrated children's book that will touch the hearts of parents and children alike. With gentle humour, the story unfolds, as does the heart of Pete, as he slowly warms to his new, but wildly unorthodox friend, Pickles.
on January 18, 2014
A wonderful story about an unexpected friendship. It has lovely illustrations. A great addition to a child's growing collection of books.
on June 14, 2010
Great art. Nice story. It is evident that the author enjoyed producing this book.