5.0 out of 5 stars 8 minute meditation, July 13 2008
Gregory P. Boyce "Zeekie" (Collingwood, Ontario) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life. (Paperback)
8 Minute Meditation8 Minute Meditation Guided CD

Over many years I've taken meditation classes and used different meditation tapes and CDs, but never did I stick to the programs because the length of time in beginning meditations were just too long. Trying to meditate for twenty or thirty minutes every day was a bit too much to bit off. With this program you start at eight minutes every day for a week then go on to another technique every week for eight weeks. After that the book offers what is called a free up grade in which you lengthen your practice gradually.
I found with this book and CD that 8 minutes every day is so easy to fit in and you learn a new technique every week. I highly recommend buying the book and CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finaly!, Dec 15 2010
I've been feeling the need to get into meditation for a while now. Bought a few books, never seemed to be able motivate myself to meditate on a daily basis.

This book got me going. It's really demystifies meditation, is fun (funny) to read and offers a simple program to follow.

A must read, if you feel you should start having more control over your overactive (and often exhausted) brain.

Take care of yourself!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very approachable..a how to, May 16 2014
Good read, step by easy step guide..not too fluffy...I've been doing it daily for three weeks...look forward to my 8 minutes a day. Still find smartphone addicted people very irritating....but it is getting better

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, Feb. 6 2013
It really helps you focus so you can improve your concentration and reduce some anxiety. You need to keep up the 8-minute sessions everyday for longer term results.

5.0 out of 5 stars If i can do it, you can do it., July 16 2004
Daniel Fama (San Jose, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I've been looking forward to this book since an article in Time magazine mentioned it last year. Well, I finally got it and I LOVE IT! Victor explains what meditation is and isn't and puts into context all the stuff we have heard about it from popular culture. The book then takes you on an 8 week program to teach you how to integrate mediation into your life so it becomes as normal as brushing your teeth. I am on week one, and it's already made a difference. This is the book to get.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful guide to beginning a meditation practice, July 15 2004
Meg Wallace (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn to meditate and start a daily practice. For years, I wanted to learn to meditate but always had some excuse (not enough time was always a big one) but as Victor says in his book, who doesn't have 8 minutes to spare in his or her day? Its easy and once you start, its easy to meditate longer if you want. But, I noticed a lot of benefits from doing my 8 minutes and if I can do it, everyone can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplest Meditation Book Yet, July 10 2004
By A Customer
So many people want to meditate but can't find the time or believe its too complicated. So many start and then give up. Well, here's a new approach designed for most of us. 8 minutes a day for 8 weeks. A great way to start for 90% of us today. Victor Davich has really written the best and most simple guide to learning how to meditate after years of his own experience. If you are thinking of meditating, this book is for you. Also great gift book.
Highly recommended.

8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life.
8 Minute Meditation: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life. by Victor Davich (Paperback - July 5 2004)
CDN$ 17.00 CDN$ 12.27