Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: PaperbackChange

on October 17, 2011
I totally enjoyed reading, at last, a book that does not try to sell me how thin I should look.
And why, for my "health's sake".
Written by two girls who know what they're talking about, telling all about this big conspiracy against "fat"; And they're so honest about themselves too, you can actually relate to their life experiences. It's all about expanding... both accepting the expansion of your waistline, which is most likely not your fault, and expanding your consciousness about the false surveys done to become both fearfull and hatefull of your fat. Big financial interests for pills to gadgets have set the foundation for a lot of prejudice, leading to a fat-o-phobic society, presumingly fat that will surely kill you (says who, find out: read also "Health at any size").
I'm a better shopper now, I open my ears and eyes to this propaganda, and will not initiate anymore pettytalk about my (now non-existant) efforts and research to loose weight; I do notice it's not easy to change my own attitude of self-defeat and to get to a guilt-free way of eating like, for example, justifying my choice of lunch to co-workers. I'm finally reaching a truce where there is no "good" or "bad" food, for any reason. BUT: there are: "bad friends" and "wrong lovers" that send us subtle (or not so) messages about how they think we should look, but happily, good ones too!... how to tell the difference... and speak up!!
This book is a relief to us all: No "expert" to tell me what to eat and how many times a day I should jump up and down; At last authors explaining me with a great deal of everyday humor, that I'm very ok with the way I look, and feed myself. But rather, talented girls waking me up from a fat nightmare, directing my focus towards my LIFE and decisions that will transform it from good (or not so!)to great; I found a space where I can do and think sane ideas outside of my own perpertuation of fat fallacies.
Thank you girls for the truth. I do need more friends like you. I promise I will never settle for a cheap bra that does nothing for me. My next plan now is to get a good and darn sexy one (now that's uplifting!).
on March 12, 2014
I'm so glad I bought this. What a great book and with suck great insight. It's got a lot of charcter
on August 25, 2014
Nope, didn't help me at all. I still want to be slim and I can't accept the way I am. Lol, true!