5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort After my Loss
A friend sent this book to me right after the loss of my 39 year old brother, saying it gave her comfort when her grandmother died years before. I was hesitant, then couldn't put it down. The book brought me great comfort and peace during a trying time. I now recommend it to others who have lost someone.
Published on Jan. 26 2004 by Jill Peters

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as enjoyable as similar books...
I found this book to be quite readable, but not as enjoyable as similar books by other authors. Instead of providing evidence and anecdotes about the medium, George Anderson, the author instead spends a considerable amount of time telling his own story. Regardless, for someone interested in the subject matter, the book is worth reading.
Published on May 10 2004 by James F. Anderson III

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort After my Loss, Jan. 26 2004
Jill Peters (Columbus, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with the Other Side (Mass Market Paperback)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as enjoyable as similar books..., May 10 2004
James F. Anderson III (Hudson, WI USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven is Hope, Nov. 1 2013
I have read this book and given it away many times as gifts to people over the years as well as other books by and about George Anderson. It has brought comfort to me and confirmed there is life after death as I have been taught my whole life. There is always the skeptic in the back of the mind but this confirms we are here for a reason and we have a destination! It is comforting, enlightening, and makes one excited to take on the next phase after we leave our mortal bodies! It helps put the heart at ease during difficult times in our lives, it doesn't take away the pain of missing our loved ones but certainly confirms we will see them again and they will be there to greet us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Food for your soul, April 6 2004
Graciela Sholander "Author & Writer" (Fort Collins, CO United States) - See all my reviews
If you enjoyed books by Dannion Brinkley, Betty Eadie, and James Van Praugh, you'll enjoy this one, too. Narrated by radio talk show host Joel Martin, this book beautifully recounts how Joel went from healthy skepticism to firm belief in the validity of medium George Anderson's gift of communicating with the spirits of people who've passed on. We read about how difficult it was for young George to grow up with his special ability, which frightened some of his teachers and annoyed others. In fact, he was almost institutionalized.
Thankfully they didn't succeed in suppressing George's gift, and as an adult he agreed to be studied and scrutinized extensively to see if, indeed, he was talking to the departed. The conclusion, time and again, is that there seems to be no other explanation. (One skeptic preferred to believe that instead of receiving messages from the other side, George actually memorized volumes of information from an enormous secret computer that stored the most intimate and minute details of every person's life. Come on!)
We Don't Die is full of very touching dialogue between the living and their loved ones who, through death, have moved on to the next dimension, with George serving as the "tool" that enables communication. Amazingly, George believes we all have this gift, to a degree.
I especially enjoyed learning these points: 1. Spirits on the other side don't just idly sit around -- they have fulfilling "jobs" which they enjoy and value; 2. Love is the bond that continues to connect us with people and pets who have passed on, whom we loved here on Earth; 3. Forgiveness is key to spiritual growth -- some of the spirits who had been killed, for example, said they've forgiven the perpetrators and would like others to forgive as well; and 4. We see more clearly from the other side, as evidenced by those spirits who did hurtful things on Earth and ask their living loved ones for forgiveness.
While here on Earth, we are to live abundantly and use our unique gifts to better ourselves and those around us. There's no need to rush death -- we all die when it's our time -- but there is no need to fear death, either. After we die, we continue to exist in another form, in another dimension. That's the message of this book, which provides hope and comfort to anyone struggling with life or with a loved one's death.
-- Graciela Sholander, [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars More information and stories that touch the heart and mind, Dec 26 2003
By A Customer
After reading many books by several empowering authors such as Betty Eadie, John Edward, Sylvia Browne, and Tiffany Snow, that I am still reading, my life has opened up to me in such a compelling and wonderful way. This new book is well written, and thought provoking. There are great transforming authors, who shift the consciousness of humankind in a way never known before, and have the courage to reveal their paranormal experiences. "We don't die" is one of these.

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, there is life after death, Dec 16 2003
Jackie M. Sthilaire "Memere Jackie" (Manchester, NH United States) - See all my reviews
George Anderson is a medium who has helped many people reach their departed loved ones.
Coming from a Catholic background having gone through the Catholic school system, George was given the prophetic gift at an early age. Since the Catholic Church didn't re-confirm his gifts, George moved on in his spiritual life with encouragement from others and in particular Joel Martin.
He was introduced to the public through radio programs that Mr. Martin produced and also television. Although George was not particularly excited about the television spot he understood that this was a way to reach many who had questions about the afterlife.
This book does give the reader food for thought.
Other authors worth reading on this subject would be Dr. Raymond Moody, Dr. Elizabeth Kubler Ross and Betty Eadie. See my book reviews on these authors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why do the "skeptics" have to act like such jerks?, Nov. 10 2003
By A Customer
To the skeptic reviewers - If you don't believe, fine, but you don't have to act like such insensitive, arrogant jerks about it. You approach the subject with all the intelligence, sensitivity and charm of Madeline Murray O'Hare! I had a friend who had a personal reading with George. He told her information that was very personal and unusual to her, NOT general. She went to the reading a bit skeptical and came out of it convinced. She told me the information in the session. I'll respect her privacy, but it was to the point and very individual. I was surprised, myself. I also have a friend and a child cousin who have had near-death experiences. They had no reason to lie about their experiences and they were quite convincing. I also have an ivy-league educated scientist friend who is quite religious who points out that if you truly are intelligent and well-versed in scientific thought, one of the things you understand is how much we do not yet know about the universe. Following some of the thought of skeptics, one would draw the conclusion that just because we don't have the scientific knowledge or methodology to discover something, it must not exist. Now there's an intelligent viewpoint!
I do not like the trend of millionaire celebrity mediums with TV shows and large fanbases, but I think this book has a lot of valuable information to consider. I've seen "the amazing randi," on numerous shows (he does like the limelight, doesn't he!) and I don't see him as being any more credible than the other celebrity seekers out there. I've gone to skeptic society Web sites, where I found they were as interested in money and selling product as anyone else. Much of their "scientific" study seems instead to use pseudo-science and unobjective methodology designed to "disprove." So, they have not convinced me. If you're one of those who question others level of "brain cells" and need for a "crutch," time to take a look in the mirror before you spew any more hurtful arrogance. Many of us with post-graduate degrees from wonderful schools think you're wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Affirmation, June 4 2003
Raphael (Baltimore, MD United States) - See all my reviews
I was impressed by how Joel Martin was able to refute the skeptics. I saw many consistencies between what George's spirits said about the Other Side, as well as what people say about the Other Side when under hypnosis or after a near-death experience. To me, this also substantiates that there is indeed life after death, as well as other planes of existence that elude conventional science's current definitions.

5.0 out of 5 stars How Can You Not Believe?, Jan. 2 2003
David Flood (Seattle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
If you are a doubting Thomas, read this book. After facing a difficult cancer diagnosis, I found this book a tremendous comfort. It confirmed my notions that death is not a final end. I am a discerning reader and a book reviewer for a large paper, and I am convinced that George is a gifted medium and the REAL DEAL. I liked this particular book because it was written by a journalist who watches George Anderson evolve. This book is guaranteed to help you make that transition, the one we all must make one day, without fear. (Question: why are the big three psychics in U.S.A--James Van Praagh, John Edward and George Anderson all from the New York area?)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Me Think!!, March 14 2002
Every once in a while a book comes along that you just can not put down...this is one of them. Once I began reading I couldn't and didn't want to stop. It is well written and the individual sujects are handled with taste.
I found myself rushing home from my office in the evening, skipping dinner, and reading until.... I never became bored and when I had reached the end I began reading this book for the second time. Truly a little gem.

We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with the Other Side
We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with the Other Side by Patricia Romanowski (Mass Market Paperback - Jan. 11 2002)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54