5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet! Lots of Jean-Claude!!
Published on June 30 2004 by CoffeeGurl

3.0 out of 5 stars bleah, i'm a fashion plate vampire...
Hamilton's stories are just what they say they are on the book jacket, scary and sexy. but i don't know... they're going downhill. if i have to read one more detailed 2 page description of the clothes blake is wearing... the books were an odd blend of romance novel and horror fiction which i liked. i'm not a romance novel kind of guy but they were cool. the further i...
Published on Jan. 17 2003 by gernboken

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet! Lots of Jean-Claude!!, June 30 2004
It is official that I'm addicted to this series. I've even neglected the Merry Gentry series, Laurell K. Hamilton's faerie novels, which I started reading before the Anita Blake one. This is my favorite one to date. This series just keeps getting better and better! And the best part is that there is a lot of Jean-Claude in this one. The most I'd read him was in Circus of the Damned, and there are only bits and pieces of him in the other three, but he plays a more prominent role here. Bloody Bones illustrates the most challenging monsters Anita has ever had to deal with. Teenagers have been slaughtered in a small city of Missouri. The culprit is a creature unlike anything Anita has ever seen. It is stronger than a vampire, more dangerous and immortal to the core. To make matters worse, she has to raise an entire graveyard of three-hundred-year-old corpses to determine the fate of the graveyard's rather lucrative land, which is owned by a family of immortal faeries. Anita suspects that the graveyard raisings and the murders are connected, and with the help of her friends she is determined to bring all of those involved down...
Bloody Bones, like its predecessors, is nonstop action from beginning to end. The suspense is incredible, the fast-paced plot riveting. But it's more than just the action and suspense that kept me glued to this book. I loved that I finally got to know Jean-Claude in a deeper level. We learn more about Jean-Claude's background and history in a rather sexy bubble bath scene. JC and Anita fans will love to know that there is some closeness between them in this offering -- a fleeting closeness, but an important one nevertheless. And the best part is that Anita's werewolf boyfriend Richard is not in the way. I loved it! Laurell K. Hamilton describes Jean-Claude's sensuality in such a way that he's almost tangible. He's definitely one of the sexiest characters I've read. I also got to read about some great characters that were back after some notable absence, like Larry. I also like werewolf Jason. Anyway, this is my favorite offering. As said earlier, this series keeps getting better and better. I cannot wait to read the next one. In the meantime, I recommend Bloody Bones most highly...

4.0 out of 5 stars Way To Go Anita!!!, June 26 2004
Louise (Copenhagen V, Denmark) - See all my reviews
The Anita Blake series just keeps getting better and better. And Jean-Claude, the Master Vampire of the City (St. Louis) is back in business. Anita has to leave her werewolf-boyfriend Richard and her vampire-boyfriend Jean-Claude (In a previous novel she agreed to date both of them to find out who she wants (to have sex with)) back in St. Louis, when she is asked to travel to another part the country and raise a whole cemetery. A builder wants to use some land, but a local family is agaist him, because they say that the old cemetery beneath the ground is their family-burial ground. Anita has to raise the dead and ask them exactly what their family relations are. All is well, until something starts killing young boys in the woods, and a teenage girl dies from a vampire bite in her room. Anita has to look into a lot of stuff, being helped by her assistant, vampire-hunter-in-spe Larry. She is away from her usual turf, and the police in this part of the country are not too happy about the famous vampire-hunter doing what they think is their job. Anita has to call for help, and the only one who can help her is Jean-Claude, the gorgeous vampire who wants Anita as his lover and human servant. Anita has resisted him for a long time, and she is not so sure what she feels. There is a lot of drama, a lot of bad vampires and the fey are introduced in this book, which make for some new and exciting ways to cheat, do magic and much more.
Another triumph for Laurell K. Hamilton

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favorite, June 11 2004
"celes1" (Havre de Grace, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
This is one of my least favorite books in the series. It's not a bad book at all but I just don't like it as much as the others. The fairy sub plot didn't interest me at all and the vampire one wasn't much better. I liked how Anita and Jean-Claude's relationship started to change. I also liked how Larry and Jason got a lot of face time. (Whatever happened to Larry? Did he drop off the face of the earth or something?) Oh well, at least it made up for the lack of Jean-Claude in the previous book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anita at her best, May 12 2004
Quick as a whip with both her gun and her mouth Anita Blake is someone you don't want to cross. Armed with guns, knives and a silver cross she takes on monsters in many forms, be they vampire, Were, or human even.
In this novel she is called out to Branson to raise some old dead as only she can, whilst she is there on business she is called out to a murder scene which has the locals, some city Dees, and even the Feds baffled.
This story is a large mix of action, mystery and intrigue. Even if you don't like the idea of Vampires and werewolves you should give it a try, I promise you'll be hooked and soon reading all the Anita Blake series.
WARNING: BUYING THIS BOOK CAN LEAD TO AN ANITA ADDICTION

4.0 out of 5 stars Good reading, with interesting characters, April 15 2004
I like Larry as a character and wish there was more of him in later books than flash-cameos. It was a rather good read, with a few too many subplots at times. The heroine still seems believable, getting herself in over her head and having to use her wits and pure luck to get herself back out of it. This book of the series concentrates on the first true fae seen (a pair of fairy siblings and a nursery boggle) as well as vampires and a few murders outside of St. Louis instead of the city itself. It also starts to emphasize that Anita isn't truly a cop, although she works for the Regional Preternatural Investigation Team as a consultant. I think BB is setting up a bit more of the future books than some of its predecessors have done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vampires in Branson!, Dec 13 2003
I really loved this book because it features the Missouri Ozarks in which I live. This time around Anita is heading to Branson, MO to raise the dead in order to settle a land dispute. Unfortunately, some Ozark Fairies and a vampire killer make that job more difficult. The author also gives us the opportunity to see the relationship between Anita and Jean-Claude grow stronger without the werewolf Richard on hand to cause trouble. This book also introduces us to Master Vampire, Seraphina, who is one of the most evil introduced to date, and the battle between Seraphina, Anita, and Jean-Claude is one of the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Dec 12 2003
Ulrike E. Green (Lawley, AL United States) - See all my reviews
I loved this book, no matter how off track i was when i read it! I read it after i had read only Guilty Pleasures so i was kinda lost on the whole Richard part. i would of course rather see Anita with a sexy vampire by the name of Jean-Claude!
This was just as good as the first and the second, which i am FINALLY reading!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in the series..., Oct. 30 2003
By A Customer
Lots of Jean-Claude. What more could you ask for :-) This is one of the stronger books in the series. Lots of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lotsa fang for your buck, Oct. 11 2003
By A Customer
The 5th book in a series starring Anita Blake, vampire hunter. As usual, and what makes these books a fast-paced read, the tone could be described as modern-day noir dragnet.
Dark humor at its best, Hamilton brings out a little more vulnerability in Anita Blake which adds some personal depth to the central character for Bloody Bones. While Anita Blake is stubborn and prideful to a near-fatal fault (her ego rivals that of her arrogant male counterparts), the story reveals some personal issues surrounding her mother as well as the internal struggle about her feelings for Jean-Claude, a flamboyant and flirtatious master vampire.
Hamilton succeeds in keeping the story up and running at a suspenseful clip. Part of what keeps me on edge is that Anita Blake never seems to get enough sleep. Her smart-ass mouth seems to be get her into more trouble than is necessary, but it's another way to add action to the story.
Never a dull moment in this mixture of sex, violence and comedy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another winner....., July 13 2003
M. I. "krushedvelvet" (Old Bridge, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I am obsessed with this series!! It blows my mind that here I am 5 books in and they just keep getting better and better! There are NO lulls in these books..its nonstop action!!! Im so happy that I discovered this series after so many had been written...the thought of having to wait a year or more for the next book is just too much. I cannot wait to get started on the next installment. I would DEFINITELY recommend reading this series. It is WILDLY ENTERTAINING!!

ARRAY(0xabbefa8c)

Bloody Bones
Bloody Bones by Laurell Hamilton (Hardcover - Nov. 1 2005)
Used & New from: CDN$ 6.71