biss boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: PaperbackChange

on April 10, 2012
I avoided this book for sometime. I didn't want to buy into the hype and I feared that it would be too cliche. I am very happy to have read it. It was very well done.
on June 4, 2013
It was just an amazing read... So true to real life and opens your eyes on how people have treated the African Americans with such disrespect even to this day...
on November 9, 2010
I loved this book. I laughed out loud many times. I found myself re- thinking how I treat people on a daily basis, especially anyone working for me!
on July 13, 2009
I am a bookaholic and this is the first time I have ever wanted to post a review!!
I LOVED it, I loved the storytelling, the beautiful phrasing, the heartache, the humour and the overall loveliness of this book.
I am heartbroken that it is over because I truly miss the characters.
I am also left with a much better understanding of what the USA "felt like" just a few years before I was born (my mom's descriptions of the south make much more sense now).
on January 8, 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Humans good, bad, selfish and loving....you have it all as you go back in time. Lets learn from this, mutual respect.
on January 8, 2012
What a great book! Can't put it down and Amazon offered at an unbeatable price with very quick delivery. Thanks Amazon for your excellent service.
on January 7, 2012
This was an excellent read. I absolutely loved it and would definitely re-read.
The character Minny was my absolute favorite. Would recommend.
on June 21, 2013
Never would have expected what I found in this book. What an amazing eye opener. And so relatively recently. Makes me feel a bit sick inside.
on September 6, 2014
Loved this book, it was a total page turner and I would recommend it anyone who is looking for a book that has a little bit of everything!
on April 27, 2013
This book is an honest account of the way things were. The characters are so real and true to the time . Funny and sad at the same time .