countdown Learn more boutiques-francophones vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 15, 2011
When i first saw this book in Chapters, i was hesitant to even look inside. After spending 2 minutes flipping through the pages, I knew i wanted it. I ordered the book and it is nothing short of AWESOME. Not only is the book a really nice read, you actually learn quite a bit. Overall, i would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. He has made me and anyone who has read my book have a good laugh. Really awesome book and i will be sure to buy the rest of the author's books.
on April 30, 2010
This is a feel good book.

If you could eat books, this one would definitely be comfort food! It looks good on the outside, and under its thick outer crust lies a soft, warm and fragrant collection of delectable short stories and everyday anecdotes.

Great coffee table book, this is an amazing conversation piece that will get you starting your own stories and anecdotes of awesome.

Keep it on your desk at work. After a few frustrating e-mails and problems to solve, sneaking in 2 or 3 anecdotes is sure to bring back a smile to your face. Awesome!
on June 18, 2010
This book really does make you smile. I loved how these AWESOME moments were documented in a way that we all can relate. If you want to read about how AWESOME the little moments in life are, then this is a great book to pick up.
on April 21, 2010
As a reader of 1000awesomethings.com I knew what I was getting into when I purchased this book.

If you judge your books based on thickness, this book doesn't disappoint. This is the kind of book that will wedge itself quite nicely on your bookshelf. When friends come over and scan your books to judge you, and they will, oh how they will judge you. When your friends look upon your shelf, they will see a book much thicker than a magazine and think 'that is a lot of words, and this person has read them? I have a new found level of respect for this person.' And here's a secret, you don't even have to read all the words! Just a few, bend the spine, make it look read and you'll be good.

Though if you do happen to read it and people do read books, don't be embarrassed, you'll find a pretty funny collection of stories that describe the overlooked things in life. You may not consciously think of your ability to manage your all-you-can eat buffet skills but when written down you can really appreciate it. The range of stories will reveal constant chuckles and many moments of ''Oh yeah, that's totally true. Awesome'.'

I should note that not everything about this book is positive. It should come with a disclaimer that it dramatically increases your positive outlook in life. As the book highlights the good in everyday things you'll start looking for it everywhere and it may not always be there. For all those times you accidently get a larger size coffee at Starbucks, which is completely awesome, they'll be an equally grumpy cashier at McDonald's who hands you change with the bills first so you have to awkwardly shovel them all into your pocket probably dropping a few quarters on the ground.

I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone looking for an easy and satisfying read. You'll find yourself constantly picking up in moments of idleness much like sneaking a quick game of minesweeper at work. (Which is awesome)
on August 19, 2011
This book truly is awesome. Many times all I would have to do is read the chapter title and a smile would auto matically spread across my face. The writer captures the authenticity of the experiences that he is describing and makes you realize that joy in life comes not just from the rare momentous occasions but in the little, everyday things, and that this is what makes it all worthwhile.
on December 21, 2011
..and that's where I found this book. While enjoying coffee with friends at a cottage, early morning before the kids woke up. That in itself, was an awesome way start to start reading.

This book puts every day life events into perspective. It helps one appreciate all the small 'victories' in life and inspires you to find little victories in your life.
on May 16, 2010
The author has found a way to carve out beautiful descriptions of those simple forgotten moments of life. I guarantee the insights and story telling will leave you wanting more...a daily dose of happiness is very very very contagious. I dare you to try!
on July 19, 2010
The title of this book says it all. It really is an awesome feel good book guaranteed to make you laugh out loud or at the very least a very big smile.
on July 31, 2010
This book is guaranteed to make you smile and bring you back to an ealier time when your imagination and pure enjoyment were the order of the day.
on August 13, 2015
I didn't actually read much of this...probably only a dozen or so entries. I borrowed it from the library, thankfully, because it was just not what I was expecting at all. I was expecting it to be short little stories of actual events, but it wasn't. Plus I didn't like his writing style, I didn't find him very funny, and I think there are things that are a lot more awesome than locking people out of the car and pretending to drive away. It just wasn't inspirational at all and I guess that's what I was looking for.