5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Awesome Book
When i first saw this book in Chapters, i was hesitant to even look inside. After spending 2 minutes flipping through the pages, I knew i wanted it. I ordered the book and it is nothing short of AWESOME. Not only is the book a really nice read, you actually learn quite a bit. Overall, i would recommend this book to anyone and everyone. He has made me and anyone who has...
Published on Oct. 15 2011 by Flaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Coffee Table Book
..and that's where I found this book. While enjoying coffee with friends at a cottage, early morning before the kids woke up. That in itself, was an awesome way start to start reading.

This book puts every day life events into perspective. It helps one appreciate all the small 'victories' in life and inspires you to find little victories in your life.
Published on Dec 21 2011 by EJensen07

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this as a gift., Jan. 9 2012
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
I bought this for my boyfriend's birthday in 2010, and I had no idea that it would be so popular! I saw it in the "New Books" section of a bookstore and flipped through it. In those few minutes I knew he would love it, so I bought it for him. At first when he opened it he wasn't sure, but that night he stayed up until 2 to read through the whole thing. Whenever he's upset he'll pick up his copy and open it to a random page. The feeling when you buy someone a gift on a whim and it's a hit? Awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, Dec 11 2012
I totally love this book! It made me smile the whole time I was reading it! I can't wait to read The Book of Even More Awesome! So good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great book, Dec 13 2013
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
Fantastic concept, well worth a read. So glad I bought this, it's nice to know I'm not the only one loves the small things in life! :)

3.0 out of 5 stars TOO MUCH OF AN AWESOME THING, Feb. 5 2012
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The Book Of Awesome is a really fun idea. Its also a very pretty book, makes a great gift and is being marketed like crazy, I mean its everywhere and yes there are a lot of things included here that made me smile. However, it really reads better in list form and I'm sure most people are viewing this like I did and just skimming through, reading the chapter titles of familiar relatable happy things that you don't often stop to appreciate and moving on.

I mean honestly do we need 4 pages explaining why having a whole row to yourself on an airplane is awesome (that really is awesome) but I don't need a breakdown about being able to pee when I want, having elbow room, able to lie down or having the choice of aisle or window. I get it. The same goes for popping bubble wrap. Yup that's fun, maybe even awesome but after reading 3-4 pages about its invention and the different ways to pop it, not so awesome anymore.

When someone lands on your hotel in Monopoly super awesome but then when we get a detailed description of Monopoly you've now lost my attention and I'm moving on to bakery air, snow days and the other side of the pillow and I've stopped reading the essays on the whys.

This is a feel good book that will make you smile and is fun to read out loud with friends because everyone can relate but at 400 pages (!) the long winded explanations and filler killed the awesomeness for me.

Entries include: Old dangerous playground equipment, Wearing underwear just out of the dryer, Being the first table called up for the dinner buffet at a wedding, Watching The Price Is Right when you're home sick, When the vending machine gives you two things instead of one, The first shower you take after not showering for a really long time, When cashiers open up new checkout lanes at the grocery store, Sleeping in new bed sheets, Waiters and waitresses who bring free refills without asking, Finding an old mixed tape, The moment at a concert after the lights go out and before the band comes on stage, Fixing electronics by smacking them, The smell of rain on a hot sidewalk, and hundreds more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book of Awesome is simply awesome., Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
It is amusing and relates to what I consider awesome. I finished the book within an hour, so I do feel it should be longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Oct. 24 2014
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
Great book. Very funny. I have given it to several people as a thank you present for "being Awesome."

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, March 19 2014
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
So of the stories are awesome! If the rest of the books are anything like this one they will be the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, Jan. 2 2013
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
What can I say? It's a book everyone can relate to. I bought another copy as a gift for family friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun reading, April 11 2015
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
Such a positive book to read. Quick sections, easy to grab and read even for those who are busy.

5.0 out of 5 stars How fun!, Feb. 2 2011
Loved this book - first saw it at the local library, read it while taking public transit and decided to get two copies because it was great. Made me reminisce about the good old days and laugh out loud many times. Super!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 47 | Next ›

The Book of Awesome
The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha (Paperback - March 1 2011)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.78