5.0 out of 5 stars What a feel-good book!
This book really does make you smile. I loved how these AWESOME moments were documented in a way that we all can relate. If you want to read about how AWESOME the little moments in life are, then this is a great book to pick up.
Published on June 18 2010 by Nizzy

2.0 out of 5 stars Not So Awesome
This book got really old really fast. It's just too much of the same thing. I didn't even finish it.
Published 18 months ago by Angel

5.0 out of 5 stars The Book of Awesome is simply awesome., Jan. 15 2013
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
It is amusing and relates to what I consider awesome. I finished the book within an hour, so I do feel it should be longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome book, Jan. 2 2013
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
What can I say? It's a book everyone can relate to. I bought another copy as a gift for family friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome!, Dec 11 2012
I totally love this book! It made me smile the whole time I was reading it! I can't wait to read The Book of Even More Awesome! So good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this as a gift., Jan. 9 2012
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
I bought this for my boyfriend's birthday in 2010, and I had no idea that it would be so popular! I saw it in the "New Books" section of a bookstore and flipped through it. In those few minutes I knew he would love it, so I bought it for him. At first when he opened it he wasn't sure, but that night he stayed up until 2 to read through the whole thing. Whenever he's upset he'll pick up his copy and open it to a random page. The feeling when you buy someone a gift on a whim and it's a hit? Awesome.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, June 23 2011
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
bought this book with high expectation but for my age [senior] only a few parts was relevant had to skip over alot for me is unusual i always read a book to the end no matter how boring could not with this one

5.0 out of 5 stars How fun!, Feb. 2 2011
Loved this book - first saw it at the local library, read it while taking public transit and decided to get two copies because it was great. Made me reminisce about the good old days and laugh out loud many times. Super!

3.0 out of 5 stars TOO MUCH OF AN AWESOME THING, Feb. 5 2012
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The Book Of Awesome is a really fun idea. Its also a very pretty book, makes a great gift and is being marketed like crazy, I mean its everywhere and yes there are a lot of things included here that made me smile. However, it really reads better in list form and I'm sure most people are viewing this like I did and just skimming through, reading the chapter titles of familiar relatable happy things that you don't often stop to appreciate and moving on.

I mean honestly do we need 4 pages explaining why having a whole row to yourself on an airplane is awesome (that really is awesome) but I don't need a breakdown about being able to pee when I want, having elbow room, able to lie down or having the choice of aisle or window. I get it. The same goes for popping bubble wrap. Yup that's fun, maybe even awesome but after reading 3-4 pages about its invention and the different ways to pop it, not so awesome anymore.

When someone lands on your hotel in Monopoly super awesome but then when we get a detailed description of Monopoly you've now lost my attention and I'm moving on to bakery air, snow days and the other side of the pillow and I've stopped reading the essays on the whys.

This is a feel good book that will make you smile and is fun to read out loud with friends because everyone can relate but at 400 pages (!) the long winded explanations and filler killed the awesomeness for me.

Entries include: Old dangerous playground equipment, Wearing underwear just out of the dryer, Being the first table called up for the dinner buffet at a wedding, Watching The Price Is Right when you're home sick, When the vending machine gives you two things instead of one, The first shower you take after not showering for a really long time, When cashiers open up new checkout lanes at the grocery store, Sleeping in new bed sheets, Waiters and waitresses who bring free refills without asking, Finding an old mixed tape, The moment at a concert after the lights go out and before the band comes on stage, Fixing electronics by smacking them, The smell of rain on a hot sidewalk, and hundreds more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Scale: 10!, Aug. 3 2012
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
It points out all the little things in life that make us happy, that we don't even acknowlage! This book will surely bring a smile to your face. It is a funny, but so true, read! I'm not much of a reader, but I would recommend this to anyone. Definitely not a waste of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Raised spirits, May 22 2012
This review is from: The Book of Awesome (Paperback)
I bought this book for a family member who recently had to undergo emergency surgery. It was the perfect book for her during recovery as it allowed her to read only a bit at a time without worrying about losing her page or forcing extended periods of concentration. It helped raise her spirits and reminded her of the little things that make life worth living. She especially enjoyed the AWESOME THING that involved finding random left over beers in the fridge after hosting a party. Great book to raise the spirits who need it most and those spirits of anyone around them!

4.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, Jan. 7 2012
I ordered this book as a birthday gift for my son-in-law, whose birthday is in February. The reviews on Amazon.com were enough to make me purchase the book. It was easy to order and arrived in good time. On arrival, I saw that it was neatly packaged and in as good (or better) condition that if I had purchased it from the local book store. I was curious about this book with the interesting title, so I flipped through it, and was instantly smiling. It's a great book for a gray, snowy, cold day. It reminds me of all the awesome things in my life.

ARRAY(0xb5b804f8)

The Book of Awesome
The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha (Paperback - March 1 2011)
CDN$ 18.00 CDN$ 13.00