Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Countdown to Black Friday in Home & Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Countdown to Black Friday in Lawn & Garden

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on February 1, 2011
I recommend that anyone who is interested in this book read the two previous books, "Angel's Blood" and "Archangel's Kiss" first since "Archangel's Consort" primarily is devoted to the deepening relationship between Elena and Raphael. There are frequent references to the tragedies both experienced when they were children. The contrasting ways both mother's abandoned them, one through suicide, the other by being left, torn,in agony and broken,is a recurring theme.
If you are already completely engaged by the storyline, witnessing Elena's work to improve her skills as an angel while demanding equality in her relationship with Raphael is a pleasure. The tension between them in the previous two books is not there in this one, they are very much a couple. They argue, laugh, hang out and have a lot of sex. After some confusion on both their parts Raphael defines Elena's role to both their satisfactions. She is Raphael's "Consort" and as such has an essential place in their home and among the other angels.
This book has an engaging story line and provides peeks into the background of some of the other characters such as Dimitri and others in the Seven we have previously encountered.
Elena's relationship with her mortal family becomes even more complicated once she learns her youngest half-sister is also hunter born. All in all, "Archangel's Consort" holds its own with the previous two, and while it might not stand up as well if read on its own, it definitely earned a place on my bookshelf and a second and likely third read. I only hope this is not the final book in this series. It is always a great thrill to fly with these angels.
on March 6, 2011
Elena & Raphael are now back in New York City after spending many months at the Refuge for Elena to get stronger, but you don't become all mighty in such a short period of time, so she still has a long way to go. Seeing her hometown, her people, her "family" and her Guild friends after so long won't be easy either. Even with the help of Raphael and his Seven, the Guild Hunter is still as weak as a new born and trouble is at bay. Nature is going havoc and a tidal of violence is running among angels and vampires alike. It can only mean one thing, an ancient is awaking. Will this ancient be sane, or as sane as an archangel can be anyway, or completely mad?

I'll be really honest, I'm not quite sure how I feel about this third installment in the Guild Hunters series. I really like this series and maybe my expectations were too high, but I was slightly disappointed by this book. I think the main reason I felt that way is because I didn't feel any evolution in the relation between Elena & Raphael. They argued every now and then about Elena's protection, but overall their relation was a straight line of supporting each other while they both relived painful memories. While it's what you'd hope from a real relationship, it lacked spice for a fictional one. Even though there was also a couple of sex scenes, I didn't feel the fiery passion I felt between them in the previous books.

That being said, the secondary characters of this series are fascinating and I'd like to see them have their own spin-off books. I'd really like to know their past, their motivations, their dreams and desires. Raphael's seven are an intriguing bunch. I read Nalini is currently working on a Dmitri book, so my wish might come true! A new character was also introduced. We've heard of her before but we finally get to meet her: Raphael's mom. Her venue promises some very interesting moments to come in the following book.

Like the previous books, Elena & Raphael work side by side to solve a chain of murder/violence to protect their people. This time it was much more personal for Raphael because his mom was the center element and we got to discover a new side to his personality. We also got new insight on the relation between Elena and her father.

The end was the best part of the book. Action-packed, it kept me on my toes for the last 40 pages or so, and even if the fight wasn't as spectacular as the end of Archangel's Kiss, emotions were running high.

Overall, Archangel's Consort wasn't bad but I wasn't impressed either. It won't stop me from reading the following book as I love the world and the characters, I just hope E&R's relationship will reach another level.
on October 17, 2012
Great writer, just love this series. Smart tough women and sexy....I've read all the series now and now I have to wait until next September for the next installment but really start with Angels Blood and you will be hooked
on January 19, 2012