5.0 out of 5 stars Love Clive Cussler's books!
I've said it before in other reviews and I guess I'll say it again! I find Clive Cussler's books to be a good mixture of suspense, action and humour. I get wrapped up in each of his novels, and this one is no exception!
Published 19 months ago by Just Joan

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Read
I enjoyed this book, although it was not the "traditional" Cussler type of novel. Interesting speculation on the origins of some aspects of South American civilizations.

Published on Nov. 11 2010 by Avid Reader

4.0 out of 5 stars great read, Feb. 17 2014
This review is from: Lost Empire (Mass Market Paperback)
As usual Clive Cussler come through with a great read. I am sure he must love the research needed to complete many of his books because he brings everything to life with his words

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Clive Cussler's books!, Dec 30 2012
Just Joan - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Lost Empire (Mass Market Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Archeological Mysteries Solved in the Middle of a Political Cover-Up, Sept. 18 2010
(#1 HALL OF FAME)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
"I will bring back the captives of Egypt and cause them to return to the land of Pathros, to the land of their origin, and there they shall be a lowly kingdom." -- Ezekiel 29:14 (NKJV)

If you are looking for a Dirk Pitt-type of adventure and dialogue or a stunning tale about the Oregon, you'll be deeply disappointed in Lost Empire. If you are open to a book that contains some fascinating speculation about history and some intriguing puzzle clues, Lost Empire will be a good source of fun. The book's main problem comes from the living characters not quite coming to life. One of the non-living characters, Winston Blaylock, is quite vividly portrayed. It's a good piece of writing from that perspective.

I found the book to be entertaining enough to keep me up until 3:18 to finish it. And I had a lot of fun with it. Give it a try with a copy from your local library. If you really get into it, buy a copy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Read, Nov. 11 2010

Parts of it read like a commerical for "apple" products, which appeared out of place and inserted for no good reason. This was a disappointment as I've never seen this overt commericialization in a Cussler novel before.

4.0 out of 5 stars another excellent read from Cussler, Oct. 31 2010
Another excellent read from Cussler .The clues start right from the first Page.It appears most improbable at first,but as we follow the Fargos from one hair rising experience to the next. it all makes sense

5.0 out of 5 stars Lost Empire, Oct. 1 2010
John Kearsey (Hinchinbrooke, Quebec, Canada) - See all my reviews
I must say that in the last 20+ years that I have been reading books from Clive Cussler he has yet to this date to let me down with his twist of fate and creativity.

The Lost Empire is no different even though it is based on a different set of characters than Dirk or Al they are none the less just as entertaining and keep me coming back for more.

Congradulations Mr. Cussler

Regards
John Kearsey

Lost Empire
Lost Empire by Grant Blackwood (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 30 2011)
CDN$ 11.50 CDN$ 10.35