march Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis boutiques-francophones Music Deals Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon December 30, 2012
I've said it before in other reviews and I guess I'll say it again! I find Clive Cussler's books to be a good mixture of suspense, action and humour. I get wrapped up in each of his novels, and this one is no exception!
"I will bring back the captives of Egypt and cause them to return to the land of Pathros, to the land of their origin, and there they shall be a lowly kingdom." -- Ezekiel 29:14 (NKJV)

If you are looking for a Dirk Pitt-type of adventure and dialogue or a stunning tale about the Oregon, you'll be deeply disappointed in Lost Empire. If you are open to a book that contains some fascinating speculation about history and some intriguing puzzle clues, Lost Empire will be a good source of fun. The book's main problem comes from the living characters not quite coming to life. One of the non-living characters, Winston Blaylock, is quite vividly portrayed. It's a good piece of writing from that perspective.

I found the book to be entertaining enough to keep me up until 3:18 to finish it. And I had a lot of fun with it. Give it a try with a copy from your local library. If you really get into it, buy a copy.
on September 3, 2015
He's done it again! Great plot lots of well thought action keeps you turning the pages and soon you finished the darn book and have to scramble around for something else to read.Another book I highly recommend to you.
on February 17, 2014
As usual Clive Cussler come through with a great read. I am sure he must love the research needed to complete many of his books because he brings everything to life with his words
on September 21, 2015
Another great Cussler adventure. He knows how to keep you reading way past your bedtime.
on June 26, 2015
Another excellent Cussler adventure. Hard to put down.
on November 11, 2010
I enjoyed this book, although it was not the "traditional" Cussler type of novel. Interesting speculation on the origins of some aspects of South American civilizations.

Parts of it read like a commerical for "apple" products, which appeared out of place and inserted for no good reason. This was a disappointment as I've never seen this overt commericialization in a Cussler novel before.
on October 31, 2010
Another excellent read from Cussler .The clues start right from the first Page.It appears most improbable at first,but as we follow the Fargos from one hair rising experience to the next. it all makes sense
on October 31, 2015