5.0 out of 5 stars Could not put it down.
The 74th Annual Hunger Games are soon to begin. The Hunger Games are a fight to the death. In the new country of Panem, in the ruins of North America, each year as punishment for a rebellion and as a control mechanism, the Capitol forces each of the 12 provinces to draw names of a male and female tribute. The tributes are drawn from all people between the ages of 12 and...
Published on Oct. 31 2008 by Steven R. McEvoy

3.0 out of 5 stars Very good
The book was well written and it kept my attention pretty well. Interesting concept and I intend to read the next one.
Published 18 months ago by Tammy Rossetti

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great read, Jan. 28 2014
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Kindle Edition)
I would recommend this series to anyone who likes a good alternate world fantasy...to those who like the what could happen scenario's. Really well written, fast paced, with well developed characters. Read it and you'll be hooked!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better then the movie, Dec 27 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Kindle Edition)
I would have loved more description but the story is great, kept me enthralled right to the end. Now onto book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars so good!, Nov. 5 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Kindle Edition)
Simply amazing, but not a simple plot. Great book. I didn't know what to expect and I'm thrilled I gave this book a chance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Obviously - book is better than movie, Aug. 2 2013
Rose (Saint John, NB, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Kindle Edition)
Revision after reading the trilogy then seeing the movie:

If you are considering watching the movie, you MUST read the book also. The movie wasn't able to create the overwhelming feeling of the poverty and desperation the people of the districts were going through, nor did it properly portray the anguish and terror of the games themselves. The movie was good but the book was much more "real".

Original review:

I loved this book as soon as I started reading it and I devoured it in a couple of days. It really left me wanting more and thankfully there was more. All three books in the series were really good, but the last one ended, I feel, a little short of details. Should be interesting to see how much the movie leaves out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, July 21 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Paperback)
Loved this whole series, from the unique concept, to the compassion and courage of Katniss, to the details of the homes, community set ups, events and mixed deep emotions the characters deal with each day . Suzanne Collins draws you into this sad but brave new world, making you care about the people and their needs and longings right from page one. Characters are strong and well developed revealing new depths as the story unfolds. I haven't loved a series of books this much in a very long time! A slightly similar book with a strong determined female character for younger readers of 9-13 years of age would be For the Love of Petey....a great summer e-book read for both boys and girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book!, July 19 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Paperback)
Im 23 and I loved this book & the whole trilogy for that matter. It was so well written and it was such a well maintained pace. I would definitely recommend this book. Everyone should read this!

5.0 out of 5 stars the 1776 part in this book, July 7 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Paperback)
I read this book and I thought it was fantastic, a really good read. Then I went on and read the other two books. after reading the first one and re-reading it again I got a little curious, 74th hunger games, 12 districts, two from each district, so 24 tributes in total. So I decided to see how many had died or had been apart in total for the games. so I times 74 by 24 and it equaled 1776. I thought this was quite odd and just wondering if any body else had seen this. also I read hunger games and philosophy and there was no mention of what I stated above. I also went on and read Gary Allen's book none dare call it conspiracy. page 121 was quite interesting it described in intricate detail a hunger games style world, he even mentions districts and "peace keepers" I would strongly suggest for people out there to read that book as well. also that book came out in 1972 and hunger games came out in 2008.

5.0 out of 5 stars you better buy all 3 books because you will go through them in no time!, June 21 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Paperback)
Excellent story. Well Written. Always keeps you wanting to know more.
If you saw the movie, it really does not do it justice!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you hungry for more, June 20 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Kindle Edition)
Although I'd already seen the movie, I was compelled to read the series before the next movie release. My expectations weren't high for this book since I was already familiar with the story, but I was indeed pleasantly surprised. I greatly enjoyed it and couldn't wait to start the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected, June 17 2013
This review is from: The Hunger Games (Paperback)
Finally glad to have this as part of my collection. The book was used, but it was advertised as such, and therefore met my expectations.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (Paperback - July 1 2010)
CDN$ 11.99 CDN$ 10.79