5.0 out of 5 stars Excuses, Excuses.....
Published on Oct. 3 2002 by Roz Levine

3.0 out of 5 stars david gets in trouble
In the story David Gets in Trouble By David Shannon I think it is a terrific book. It takes place in the house. The characters are David, and his mom. It is about a boy named David that gets in trouble all the time. Close to the end it is a funny part. The pictures are hilarious. The words are great. It is a fantastic story too!
Published on April 22 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Excuses, Excuses....., Oct. 3 2002
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
Irrepressible David is back in all his little boy glory, and as he tells us on the title page, "NO! It's not my fault!" Whether he's skateboarding into furniture, making a silly face during class pictures, pulling the cat's tail, or eating the dog's biscuits, burping loudly at meals, sneaking a taste of icing off the cake before dinner, or saying bad words, he's got a logical answer for everything. "I didn't mean to!" "I forgot!" "I couldn't help it!" "No, it wasn't me!" "It was an accident!" "But Dad says it!" Nothing is really his fault, he's just a victim of circumstance. Or is he... Late at night, lying in bed, David has an epiphany, "Yes! It was me!" and apologizes to his mother as she tucks him, lovingly, back in bed..... David Shannon captures the essence of a busy, take charge preschooler, filled with manic energy, in this sequel to No, David! and David Goes To School. Little ones will easily identify with the trials and tribulations of David's world as he rockets through his day from one mishap to the next. Mr Shannon's exaggerated, bold and bright, childlike illustrations steal the show with marvelous facial expression and hilarious details. David Gets In Trouble begs to be read aloud at story time, and is sure to be an often asked for preschool crowd pleaser.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2 year old loves David, Nov. 6 2003
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
My 2 year old knew David from his daycare where they read No, David. When we saw David Gets in Trouble at the book fair, he had to have it. Now he knows the whole thing by heart and he "reads" it over and over again with sound effects (see Excuse me page) and even a very sweet I'm sorry. He brings it in the car with him and when he gets out, he kisses the book and tells David to be good until he gets back. When he is especially naughty, I call him my little David. We have the other two David books on his Christmas wish list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a treat., Oct. 22 2002
sapna (Fort Collins, Co United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
This is definitely not as entertaining as the original "No, David!" or even "David goest to school" but if you are like my kids and me, a David fan, you will still get some enjoyment out of it. Overall, like the previous books, it still manages to express the magic of childhood: the right to make mistakes, expect forgiveness and mosty importantly, love.

3.0 out of 5 stars david gets in trouble, April 22 2004

5.0 out of 5 stars Boys, March 12 2003
R. Hipple (Madison, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
My 3 boys and 1 girl love David. I love this book especially. I had personally experienced all of the things David does in this book and it really helps me to find humor in these things and realize that they are children. We all get a chuckle from David and also then realize that David learns from his mistakes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny, Nov. 1 2002
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
The first 2 David books are hysterical & had my kids rolling on the floor. This one needed some explaining as to why what he was doing was wrong. I was a little disappointed with this one, but a huge fan of the others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Based on Truth., Oct. 27 2003
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
Who hasn't heard a small child say the things that David says. We should think a little bit more about how we deal with them and expect of them. David is a little monster, but a loveable one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sounds like home!, Dec 12 2002
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
This is a cute book that shows kids that even though they can be rotten, they are loved very much. Also the importance of apologizing. The illustrations are very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, July 31 2003
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
My son loves all of the David books and this one was the perfect next step in the series.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Recommended, May 12 2004
Catherine Sonne (Cincinnati, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: David Gets In Trouble (Hardcover)
I have put this book away indefinitely. Ever since reading this to my twins (almost 3 years old) they have decided to imitate David and pull the cat's tail. I am not sure I understand the message intended from this book. Is it funny to be naughty? David's does not experience enough consequences from his misbehavior.

David Gets In Trouble
David Gets In Trouble by David Shannon (Hardcover - Sept. 1 2002)
CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71