5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, April 10 2001
Elizabeth Radcliffe (Westhampton Beach, New York USA) - See all my reviews
Ce commentaire est de: Taking Running Records: A Teacher Shares Her Experience on How to Take Running Records and Use What They Tell You to Assess and Improve Every Child's Reading (Paperback)
I can personally say say that owning a copy of this book is the next best thing to having her in your classroom. I felt like she was talking to me as she would have in the classroom. I feel fortunate that I learned the process of Taking Running Records. What I was able to do for all if my students to improve their reading skills was beyond my belief. Thank you Mary Shea from the bottom of my heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars When running records lose their punch with advanced readers, Oct. 10 2001
Steve Tier (Mount Vernon, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
In my job as being a Literacy Coordinator for my school, I have often heard from teachers who say, "Running records don't tell me what I need to know about my more advanced readers." I've also heard, "Running record results make my student look like he is reading at a high level, but it doesn't tell me much about his comprehension, and I know he isn't comprehending what he is reading at this high level."
I have found this book to be a great resource in addressing these issues. Dr. Shea shows not only how to code a running record, but also how to code a systematic retelling assessment tool. This tool's results are correlated with a running record results to give an over-all picture of a student's performance in reading a book.
This is an affordable, easy to read book that will be worth your investment of time and money.