5.0 out of 5 stars A story arc with an intricate web of twists and turns
Published on Aug. 21 2002 by Priscilla Stafford

3.0 out of 5 stars overrated
Published on Feb. 3 2002 by L. DeVaudreuil

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A story arc with an intricate web of twists and turns, Aug. 21 2002
This review is from: The Star Wars Jedi Apprentice #15: The Death Of Hope (Paperback)
The two Jedi Knights Qui-Gon Jinn and Tahl have made to each other a commitment of love. But now that Tahl has been abducted while on a mission on the planet of Apsolon, Qui-Gon will push himself to the limit to rescue her. Qui-Gon is consumed by dark visions, visions foreseeing something terrible about to happen to Tahl. With his apprentice Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon must rescue Tahl before it's too late. But nothing is easy as both enemies and friends may not be trusted because everyone has something to hide...
"The Death of Hope" is the second book of a three book story arc. By far as most people have mentioned, this book is the most sad and touching story. Again the book focuses mostly on Qui-Gon as he struggles to sort out his feelings and to save his loved one. As you continue reading the story, the true sides of both enemies and friends are revealed. It's very confusing as the Jedis have to sort out what is truth and what are lies. I love the story how no one can be trusted and everyone is a suspect. Please be sure to read "The Ties That Bind" before reading this book. Then after reading this, "The Call to Vengeance" on hand since this book ends in a cliffhanger!
This series explains a lot about how Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan first meet. Their beginning is far from simple and all smooth-sailings, which would be pretty monotonous if it was. Though the books are said for ages 9-12, like many other reviewers I agree that the Jedi Apprentice Series are for anybody. Extremely well-written, the emotions, thoughts, and feelings of the main characters are very well put down into words. I also like the different array of humans and aliens which are portrayed, both good and bad.
Plus check out the new Jedi Quest series, dealing with the master and apprentice duo of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker. Another Star Wars Series I recommend and like a lot are the Young Jedi Knights series. The stories are about Jacen and Jaina Solo (twins of Han and Leia Solo), and their friends as they journey on the road to becoming Jedi Knights. More on the teenager level of reading. For adult readings, a few selections I enjoy reading are "The Thrawn Trilogy", "Rogue Planet", "The Jedi Academy Trilogy", "The Corellian Trilogy", and "The Truce at Bakura".

5.0 out of 5 stars the outstanding book, July 15 2002
By A Customer
This book is problely one of the best Star Wars books. Even though the ending is a little sad but f the rest is exiting. If you have lots of imagnation and like Star Wars or starting to like it I recommend you to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great emotional book, June 13 2002
"girlhoopstar10" (Broken Arrow, OK United States) - See all my reviews
It is a great book. It makes Qui-Gon Jinn look more human then just a fictional character. You have to read book #14 to truely understand this book. It has drama and suspense. One of the best books in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy-to-read entertainment for young Star Wars fans, Feb. 27 2002
After pledging herself to Qui-Gon, Tahl is kidnapped, and Qui-Gon will stop at nothing to get her back. In a race against time, Qui-Gon risks the life of the dead governor's daughter and Obi-Wan, his apprentice.
Full of action and suspense, this addition to the Jedi Apprentice series, like the Young Jedi Knight books, is easy-to-read entertainment for young Star Wars fans.
~ JFS

5.0 out of 5 stars The saddest star wars jedi apprentice book ina while!!, Feb. 26 2002
Melissa Boyce (Chandler, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan need to find Tahl before she is possibly killed. They go all the way across a desert and a town to find her. They even break the law by buying off the black market. On the way they find out major secrets and a massacre. ALL BECAUSE OF ONE PERSON!! Do they find Tahl? Do they find out who stole her? Read the book for yourself. Major sadness and suspense.

3.0 out of 5 stars overrated, Feb. 3 2002
L. DeVaudreuil "Elldee" (New England) - See all my reviews
When I was reading the book I found myself nodding into sleep from the repetitiveness. It dangerously lacked the unique quality the, well, made me like star wars jedi apprentice. I liked the struggle, the plans, and most of all, the unbreakable friendship. Unfortunatly, it added romance, which dilluted the friendship into a pile of gooshy, mushy "Oh god I love her, don't let her die!" Romeo Juliet stuff that I can't stand. THen it went into the long journey where they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then FINALLY something HAPPPENS (YAY!) After that they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then they rode on land speeders, then they slept, then and FINALLY something else happens! (YAY!)Then they did something I would have never guessed, it was amazing. . . they rode on land speeders, BUT DID'T SLEEP. So know we have a few chapters about how obi-wan was feeling his master slip away and about how d@#! tired he was! Oh that's so much BETTER! GOD! I'm surprised that I even gave a single star! It just wasn't like the first 13. They were awsome. I'd give 'em a 6 if I could BUT this one was one of the WORST books I've EVER read in my entire life(which is saying something) The on;y reason I read it was because I had a little bit of hope left, like a firefly on the dark side of the moon that prayed the moon would turn again and let me gaze in marvel at the glistening sun once more. (a little poetic, eh? a red-headed friend of mine with the name of a flower taught me how to write like that) Anyhoo, if you hate my opinion, I don care, but tjis is it.
P.S. Don't steal the firefly thing, I like it and it's MINE!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book!, Dec 22 2001
"jackel_o" (London, England) - See all my reviews
The best book I've ever read, except for the love part which seems tobe blown out of all proportian. There's nbo need for it I think. As an parent I would not let my children read this book because I found it to be graphic and explicit and it touched upon themes of sexuality and sexual violence. I don't know what the author is playing at, where is George Lucas? He should be writing these books I think since he does such a good job with the movies and film scores. He's make the best author, but he doesn't need this kind of filth being churned out in his name. It's like the Marquee De Sode for kids I read on some website. But it's fun for a consenting adult. Just don't let your kids read it or the suggestive themes between the two Jedis may corrupt. MTYFBWY! (may the force tbe with you!)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Death Of Hope, Dec 4 2001
Danger has struck, and nothing is the same anymore. Tahl has been captured by evil forces, and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan must embark to save her in time amidst the troubles of New Apsolon. Ewane's daughter, Eritha, joins them in their quest to stop the evil Balog from domination -- and the mission is more difficult than it seemed. Along the way, Qui-Gon continues to experience haunting visions of a dying Tahl. He fears her death, and becomes more determined than ever to save the Jedi Knight. As the danger grows, Obi-Wan is beginning to sense a new side in his Master. Will he and Qui-Gon prevail in the search -- and stop Balog in time? Jedi Apprentice #15: The Death Of Hope was a powerful addition to the series. Although it is very sad, this one is my favorite one in the series along with The Uncertain Path. I'm sad to see the series ending soon, and the books have gotten better and better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Much Qui Gon, Nov. 15 2001
Manuel A Santos (Everett, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I realize that he is heart broken and all that, but come on! Maybe it is realistic, but it isn't entertaining. Not enough Obi Wan, and when there was, he was out of character. I'm anxiously awaiting the next book. If it continues as this, I will resort to fan fic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Emotion, Nov. 5 2001
Be careful which reviews you read -- it's incredibly difficult not to give away the ending of this book. At the end of the last book, I was standing in the kitchen, jumping up and down for joy. Qui-Gon and Tahl...The end of this book is just as emotional, but I can't tell you which way the emotion goes, of course. (If you WANT to spoil the book, read all the reviews you can. I'm sure one of them will give it away.)
This book adds another layer of depth to Qui-Gon's character, just as all the other major events have. This book is excellent, and even if you have to start from book one, I recommend this series very highly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa448b450)

The Star Wars Jedi Apprentice #15: The Death Of Hope
The Star Wars Jedi Apprentice #15: The Death Of Hope by Judy Blondell (Paperback - Oct. 1 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 9.25