5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping!
Published on May 4 2010 by A. Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars J.K Rowling and the big Gold Stone
I am very appalled by the number of reviews that have been gushing forth praise like a geyser (i.e. Ole Faithful). I would at least like to point out that I am not totally immune to hype, and I have found myself reading through all 4 Harry potter books and seeing the movie. I have come to the conclusion that Harry Potter is the most overrated series of books ever to be...
Published on March 2 2002 by adhuck

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping!, May 4 2010
A. Smith (Texas, USA) - See all my reviews
I live in Texas and I ordered this Harry Potter set with expedited shipping and it arrived here in pristine condition in 3 days. I was super impressed. It's worth the extra few bucks for the fast service. I've always wanted the British text version of Harry Potter but I was worried about ordering from England because of all the reviews about damaged books. So I decided to get the "Canadian" version which really is the exact British text. The covers are also the same as the British but with slightly different colors. I'm a Harry Potter fanatic and of course I've read all the American H.P. books so I can't wait to read these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is 5 Stars Enough?, Dec 15 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Harry Potter Boxed Set (Hardcover)
Ok, I''l admit it, I was a little skeptical of the "Harry Potter" craze that's been sweeping the world effecting young and old alike. What storyline could possibly be so engrossing that young children would sacrifice Playstaion time to read and adults would flock to bookstores wearing capes, witches hats, and wielding brooms to get the new edition at midnight? Fortunately, the Hogwarts express stops whenever you're ready to get on and I decided to walk through platform 9 3/4 and give it a whirl this last September. I'm an actor an had a lot of downtime in my last show. I went to the library and checked out the first book. Between scenes I picked up the book and read...and read...and read! I nearly missed many entraces as I became evermore fascinated with J.K. Rowling's characters and their magical world. I cleared through the entire series in 2 weeks of downtime during the run. It reads fast, but is delightful for adults and I can only imagine the countless hours of sleep children must miss with their flashlights in hands and bedsheets above their heads. Fantastic, wonderful, amazing...You'll love it and wish you would've started sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book became a family adventure for us., April 30 2013
Diana E. Young "Diana Young" (Vernon, B.C., Canada) - See all my reviews
Since this book achieved international best-sellerdom, it really doesn't need a review. The highlight for me was watching my (then) 12 year old daughter lose herself in this series. After she read each book, I (and my husband) read it right afterwards so that we could talk about it with our daughter. In addition to that, when she was in Grade 9 we did a semester of home-schooling and this involved her organizing a Harry Potter tour in the U.K. I booked the flights but our daughter planned the train journeys, the sights to see (which included all of the locales from the movies). This series will be one of the cornerstones for our daughter's memory of her childhood. Diana Young #1 Amazon best-selling author [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift well received, Jan. 24 2013
Couldn't have asked for better service. Ordered it from Canada as suggested by others rather than from the UK. It arrived quickly, undamaged, and at a lower price. Won't hesitate to go this route again.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!! :), March 5 2011
If your an avid book collecter like me lol, you are going to love the new covers on the harry potter books. Also it helps it does not look like childrens books expecially if your an adult.. It makes your bookself look good and it keeps them all together expecailly if you dnt want them wrecked before you read them.. Enjoy everyone make a good choice plus their cheaper then trying to find the orginal book covers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Dec 30 2014
Five Stars no doubt.
Everyone knows the story of Harry Potter so that's not what my review will be about, but rather the box set itself and the amazing service that was provided to me from amazon. I bought this books on December 24th, they were shipped within 4 days, and the next morning, on the 29th, I awoke with them at my doorstep. This was with the standard shipping method. I was so surpised. I open the box and the first thing i see is this gorgeous gorgeous box set staring back at me. The books are amazing, the writing is a little smaller than usual but not that big a difference. The texture of the covers are soft and it's just perfect. Definitely a must have and I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOKS EVER!!!!!!, July 4 2011
Zonderful "Judy De Martin" (Mississauga, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
These books are totally awesome! Everyone should read them! I really like the box too. It says owl post on it and it has this seal that says Flourish and Blots. The book covers are good too. but they are not as nice as the previous kid covers. Overall, I would rate this product as superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars The cover art is stunning and the books are in great condition - feel a little velvety, July 26 2014
I just received this box set in the mail yesterday. This set is absolutely STUNNING. I have always wanted my own set of Harry Potter books for as long as I could remember, and I could not be more thrilled. The cover art is stunning and the books are in great condition - feel a little velvety. The print inside is smaller than the original books (still very readable) and I prefer it that way. One of the best purchases I have ever made and worth more than the price I paid! I highly recommend these!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Magic, even for the worst of Muggles, Aug. 19 2003
This review is from: Harry Potter Boxed Set (Hardcover)
I was fifteen when I was given the first three Potter books for Christmas. My aunt bought them for me. I unwrapped them, and my heart sank when I saw kids' books in my lap. I, of course, acted thrilled. I had never heard of the Harry Potter series. They remained on my bookshelf, untouched, for months (collecting dust around my vast Stephen King collection).
I think it was in late March or early April when I picked up the Sorcerer's Stone out of sheer boredom and began to read. I finished it the next day. I read the Chamber of Secrets even faster. The Prisoner of Azkaban was finished within a week of the time I opened the first book. Then I read them again. And again. And again. I still remember--I read them NINE times in a row.
I waited impatiently for the fourth to be released. It was that very summer, so my wait wasn't long. Being a longer book (and considering I was on vacation), it took me almost a week to finish it, but I read it about four times in a row.
I've only just finished the fifth book, and it's as magical as the rest. Don't deny yourself the privilege of reading these. If you've known how to read for more than a week, you owe it to yourself.
And don't let the witchcraft stuff scare you if you're religious. I am, too, and it isn't the slightest bit offensive. This is FANTASY, for goodness' sake, not occult textbooks. Give them a try before you decide that they're the work of the devil himself.
Read these. You will be spellbound, no matter what your age. I'm eighteen, macho tough-guy and all that. And I love 'em. You will, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A unique piece of magic, July 31 2003
Ruth-Anne (Northern Ireland,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Harry Potter Boxed Set (Hardcover)
While everyone around me threw themselves into the series of Harry Potter books I wasn't interested in them at all.I thought the idea of the book was ridiculous and I wasn't going to waste my time reading them.However,after getting the Philosiphors Stone for Christmas,I read it and loved it instantly.The gripping story of Harry's sudden journey from being a lonely,mistreated boy to the wizard world's most famous wizard for bringing about the downfall of Lord Voldemort is a unique piece of literature.In book we one,we meet all the new characters and travel with Harry on the journey of learning magical education while battling with the ongoing puzzle of the mysterious Philosiphors stone and its whereabouts.
I then went on to read The Chamber of Secrets.It,too proved to be even more gripping and intense than book one.With an exciting and thrilling beginning as Harry escapes narrowly from the clasp of his evil aunt and uncle,we are again,thrown into Harry's journey in Hogwarts.This time,there is something more sinister.A evil,haunting presence is in Hogwarts,supposedly escaped from the legendary Chamber of Secrets.Harry must discover the whereabouts of this Chamber and destroy this evil force before Hogwarts is forced to close down.
The Prisoner of Azkaban proved to be my favourite in the Series so far.Again,a thrilling and epic journey begins when it is globally discovered that Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban-a wizarding prison and is on the loose-supposedly lurking around Hogwarts.Harry soon learns that this convicted murderer is after him.Things get very intense at Hogwarts until a great discovery is made at the end of the book compete with a gripping finale.
Then,finally,I came to The Goblet of Fire which again,proved to be better than its predecessors.As Harry returns to Hogwarts after a thrilling Quidditch world cup,he is thrown into the legendary and famous Triwizards Tournament in which a member of three wizarding Schools each competes for the prize of one thousand galleons.As Harry competes in the difficult tasks,it becomes clear that someone in Hogwarts intends to hurt Harry,the question is,who?Just as the Triwizard tournamant is about to come to an end,Harry is forced to come face to face with his greatest challenge yet.The finale in this book is greater,more frightening and more gripping than before which closes spectacularly.
These series of books have proved to be much much more than I could have ever imagined and after reading them multiple times,they continue to thrill and captivate me.I recommend you read them,you won't be disappointed.

Harry Potter Boxed Set
Harry Potter Boxed Set by J. K. Rowling (Hardcover - Nov. 2001)
Used & New from: CDN$ 84.28