5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Lesson!
Published on Feb. 5 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay for toddlers, better for preschoolers
Cute book about dancing - not an easy topic to find for toddlers who love dancing. Good read-aloud level for 2 year old, nice pictures, easy to follow story and a great John Travolta/Saturday Night Fever pose by Gerald at the end. Includes peer group of animals who laugh at the giraffe for not being able to dance, which is a social concept that I had reservations about...
Published on April 24 2003 by NK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Lesson!, Feb. 5 2004
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Hardcover)
This is the most precious story about how being different is okay and how you can still be good at something even though you have to go about it a little "differently." I bought this for my 4 yr old son with cerebral palsy who can't walk and he absolutely adores it! "We can all dance if we find the right music." Gerald, who initially was ridiculed by the other animals for being a terrible dancer, gets a little help from a friend in finding the "right music." His dancing is admired by the other animals in the end. My husband demonstrates the different dances with my son as he reads the book to him which my son thoroughly enjoys! We have a very extensive book collection for my son, but this would have to be one of his (and my) all-time favorites. I have also bought several copies of this book for my son's school. The illustrations are the best that I've ever seen in a children's book. Can't recommend this highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Book!, Jan. 2 2014
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Board book)
I chose this easy to read book for my 2 grandsons,ages 3 and one.The sturdy pages will stand many readings.The colorful pages with magnificent illustrations is attractive to small children. But mostly, the story told in rhythmic fashion has a an important lesson that each one of us has value even when we are different. This is the best book I purchased this Christmas. Reasonably priced too!

5.0 out of 5 stars I read this book to my disabled child (4 years old), Nov. 8 2003
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Hardcover)
This is a wonderful book about a Gerald, a giraffe who attempts to dance at the yearly jungle dance, but shies away from the stage when other animals laugh at him. This book express beautifully how it feels to be different - 'Gerald had never felt so sad and so alone' - and ends on a very positive note: 'Sometimes when you're different, you just need a different song' and 'we all can dance, when we find music that we love.' It was a perfect book to help my child with his feelings towards his weakness.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is why we liked this book:, Oct. 17 2003
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Hardcover)
The kindergarten class at Eliza Kelly School liked this book very much. We liked when Gerald did the backwards sommersault in the air. We like to dance too! We also liked the part when Gerald closed his eyes and listened to the sounds of the jungle. The cricket was a good friend to Gerald.
The illustrations were colorful and beautiful.
Gerald is a great dancer!
Kindergarten at
Eliza Kelly School

5.0 out of 5 stars Given as a gift, Feb. 25 2014
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Board book)
Really cute story, great pictures. Given as a gift and I would give it again. The pages are thick too.

5.0 out of 5 stars for my 2 year old, Dec 23 2013
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Board book)
a wonderful new book filled with fabulous pictures. Being a board book means that no pages are ever torn from constant use

5.0 out of 5 stars Giraffe can't dance, May 28 2013
One of my favourite stories to read with my child. It is a lovely story about finding your own way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, May 21 2013
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Board book)
My daughter loves this book before bed, it combines dancing and animals, her two favorite things. easy to read, fast before bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giraffes Can't Dance, April 9 2013
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Paperback)
Wonderful bedtime story book. Feelgood story that introduces the concept that it's ok to be different! Beautifully illustrated and most of all...fun to share.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book!, Jan. 19 2013
BNL fan (Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giraffes Can't Dance (Board book)
It is a wonderful book--both the story and the pictures. I always buy it for friends who have babies as it now comes also in a board book. "Sometimes when you're different you just need a different song." Meaning everyone is important and everyone can overcome obstacle. Sometimes you just need to look for a different way. There's also a book with CD that is wonderful too.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa5e0496c)

Giraffes Can't Dance
Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae (Hardcover - Sept. 1 2001)
CDN$ 18.99 CDN$ 13.71