boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture march Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on April 24, 2003
Cute book about dancing - not an easy topic to find for toddlers who love dancing. Good read-aloud level for 2 year old, nice pictures, easy to follow story and a great John Travolta/Saturday Night Fever pose by Gerald at the end. Includes peer group of animals who laugh at the giraffe for not being able to dance, which is a social concept that I had reservations about exposing to our 2 year old but may be okay for an older preschooler. So, I read it with reservations at first, but it seems to be okay for him. However, he's not enjoying the book as much as I am and hasn't been interested in hearing it much beyond the first couple of times.
on August 1, 2015
Kind of a weird book. My one year old seems uninterested in it.
on December 3, 2015
Cute and interesting but they are gifts
on July 14, 2002
This is a beautifully illustrated book and the rhythm and rhymes are lots of fun to listen to and read aloud. However, I'm a little concerned that the lesson that teasing is cruel may have the unintended consequence of teaching a child to tease by example rather than the desired effect of teaching them not to. My son is not quite 2, and so far teasing has not been an issue we've needed to address. My husband and I have some reservations about this book because we don't want him to learn to tease by example.