march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools ca_ty_gno

Showing 1-6 of 6 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on August 23, 2000
I bought several (Marzollo) I Spy books for my son when he was 3. Now he's almost 5 and they are still his favorite. Now, my daughter, age 2, enjoys them also. The books have large pages, each consisting of a big photograph of intricately laid out objects. The pictures are clever enough to be enjoyable to adults as well as children of almost any age. Probably the greatest thing about these books is that they never get old. My son and I still discover things that we never noticed in 2 years of looking at the pictures. Even once you solve the poetic riddles in the books, you can make up your own challenges. I usually read the book with both children at my side and see if they can find the things that I spy. It is easy to give them age appropriate challenges - I will give my son something hard to find and give my daughter something easier.
All the books are great, though you will see the same pages appear in different books. The computer games are also good.
on March 24, 2001
I agree totally with the review from the reader saying " this is a MUST have for the home library ". Our home library has every I Spy book. We love these books. I Spy: a Book of Picture Riddles is a great one to start your collection. As my children 10, 8, and 5 started very young with this book. These books encourage your child to think, to learn, and to explore while they do this with fun and enjoyment. I cannot rave about these books enough because each time you open one up you have a new experience. You will enjoy the many hours of entertainment and time spent with your child as well.
on April 30, 2000
My daughter, now 10, got this book as a gift when she was about 3, and I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, me or her. It is as much a learning tool as something to enjoy. Children will delight in finding objects they know and learning what new objects are. Great for keeping children busy on long trips. Since receiving this book as a gift, we have made a point to get each new one as it comes out. We have the complete series and are anxiuosly awaiting the next one. Be sure to get the whole series, you and your child won't be sorry!
on August 20, 2001
My 2.5 year old son loves this. We make up our own stuff to spy and don't really use the riddles(yet). This is kind of similar to his earlier favorite book(My first word book) which I also recommend. They both have taught him many new words.
on September 9, 1999
My son, who is 2, pours over this book, pointing out things to me. I am always finding something new in the pictures, myself. It is one of his favorite books to sit by himself and look at while I fix dinner, we all love books like this.
on July 31, 2014
I bought this for my 3 year old but it's kept the whole family entertained- even the grandparents. It's not that easy to find all the objects & the photographs are fun to look at