5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure from my childhood
Published on Dec 17 2003 by Kirby

3.0 out of 5 stars Simply written, yet poignant
War Horse read like a children's book in its simplicity. It was a very easy read for an adult . Should probably be read by ten year olds and up. I wanted to read it after seeing The National Theatre of London production on the big screen.
Published 3 months ago by sandy

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure from my childhood, Dec 17 2003
Kirby (Woodstock, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: War Horse (Paperback)
Wow! What a thrill to find this book still available after over 40 years! I read it repeatedly when I was in about 4th grade. It says a lot about the quality of the story that it has stuck with me all these years. It really showed me at a young age the suffering that some animals must endure, and the quiet patience and courage with which they endure it. I can still picture Joey struggling in thick mud to pull his load. And even as young as I was, it made me understand more what my older uncles had experienced in WW1. I am definitely getting this for the kiddies, but before I give it to them, I am going to read it again myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars "Joey's Perspective", Jan. 30 2012
This review is from: War Horse (Paperback)
This story is written from the perspective of the horse "Joey" and how the horse views his owners and what is going on around him. Good descriptions of rural England, and also of World War One in France - and what Joey's part was when working for the British troops and also from the time he was working for the German troops. One is always rooting for Joey ...right up to the end of the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Simply written, yet poignant, April 24 2014
This review is from: War Horse (Kindle Edition)
The author was interviewed and by his own admission, he said it was definitely written from a different point of view and did not think the story would have been made so famous when adapted to the stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars love horses, April 4 2014
This review is from: War Horse (Paperback)
I read the book and also got the dvd, this story is one of my all time favourites. it takes your heart and twists it. war is hateful and the boy and this proud horse love each other to the end. I have watched the movie twice . and I will read the book again soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, Nov. 6 2013
This review is from: War Horse (Paperback)
I like many horse stories. I think this one is more suited to a younger audience. It was still a good read though.

5.0 out of 5 stars War Horse, March 6 2012
This review is from: War Horse (Hardcover)
Saw the movie and cried all the way through. Read the book and cried all the way through! A great story and easy reading. Was so happy to find it on Amazon and the price was right.

5.0 out of 5 stars War Horse, Jan. 26 2012
Ce livre est très très bon, mais il faut aller voir le film avant.

This book is very good, but you must see the film before reading the book.

Regards

War Horse
War Horse by Michael, M.B.E . Morpurgo (Paperback - Sept. 1 2010)
CDN$ 7.51