5.0 out of 5 stars It is a awsome book I loved it !
Published on Feb. 15 2002

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored to death
Published on May 14 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars marisa's review, Nov. 3 2002
marisa silberman (cleveland, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
In the novel, They Never Came Home by Lois Duncan, two boys; Larry Drayfus and Dan Cotwell go camping one weekend and never return home. When the boys hadn't come home from camping in three days their family's started to get nervous. Larry was grounded and was supposed to be sent off to military school the next fall. But when he invited his sister, Joan's boyfriend, Dan to go camping with him for the weekend he was granted permission to go. Dan was graduating this year and was supposed to be valedictorian. They had planned to go to the Mogollons Mountains for the weekend and return on Sunday night. But when Wednesday rolled around people started to wonder what was going on and they sent out search parties for them. After days of searching they gave up and figured they were dead. Until Joan got a call from a man named Mr. Brown....
I would recommend this novel to people my age. I would recommend it because it keeps you on the edge of your seat and you never want to put it down. I had to read this for English class and usually I dislike all the books I read for English. But this book was so good I read all 185 pages of it in two days because I could not wait to finish it. This book has many twists and turns and really makes you think about the people and world around you.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a awsome book I loved it !, Feb. 15 2002
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
The book I read They Never Came Home is about a girl named Joan and her brother David and her boyfriend named Lance. My book is about a girl who's boyfriend and brother all of a sudden disapper and she cant find them so she goes to a abanded house and sees their ghosts and gets really scared that they are dead but thair not. The story takes place in the abanded house. The story ends by when she finds out that her brother and boyfriend are not dead. Things turn out the way they do because can't find the two boys and is scared and is afraid the the two boys are dead then she goes crazy then finds out that they are not dead and so she becomes happier then she was. I would recommend this book because it was not hard to follow it was really easy to follow. And it was a really good book I loved it.
But I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone under the age of 8 years of age because they would probably not understand it or they would think that it was scary but it isn't it is a good book. You bcan find out the rest as soon as you read a really good book They Never Came Home a fun thriller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure mystery, Nov. 21 1998
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
Wow! I'm the first pereson to review this book. I liked this book. I didn't think it was scary or suspenseful; I thought it was pure mystery-putting together parts of a puzzle. It was very well written. The way Lois Duncan kept switching from Albequerque with the two families and then to California with "Lance and Dave Carter" was good because you just don't know what the heck is going on! Dave says he can't remember anything..... I love the way she described the change of seasons with lines like "The sunlight sliding through the window to fall golden across the desk was heavy and warm, not the thin pale sun of April.", "As spring slid into summer, so did June slip past and become the first hot days of July.", and "The long months of summer moved slowly past, and August became September." I loved the way Lois Duncan described Larry descending in the air down to the ground. Did he die? Another reason I liked this book was because I thought the villian, what he did, and the reasons he did them were very creative. He was a unique and EVIL villian. Comparing the main villians of her books is always fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars They never came home, March 9 2001
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
The book, They Never Came Home was a great book. Lois Duncan did a great job hooking a person into the book. I could not put the book down. It had a great twist to it. I love mysteries and this is one of the best mysteries I have ever read. Somehow I always found myself getting lost in the book. I am not that big of a reader and I rather watch TV. But I would definitely choose to read this book instead of watching TV. It is about two kids (Dan and Larry) that get lost in the mountains. Everyone thinks they are dead. But Larry's sister Joan gets a call from a guy that says that Larry owes him money. Now Joan believes that her brother is still alive. But she cannot ell anyone. Now it is all up to Joan and Dan's brother Frank to pay back the money and to find their brothers. But they find Joan finds out that her brother has been doing some bad things. If you want to read a great book They Never Came Home is the book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was soo good!, Nov. 22 2000
Sarah Davis (South Branch, Michigan USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
Yeah I am a 13 year old girl. I have never been much of a reader. That is only becasue all the books that I have put my hands on BORED me. I decied that I should read because I don't have many friends and reading would keep me busy. I was looking online when I saw the name "Lois Ducan". The persons name was so, mysterious. It had a click to it. I orderd the book and read it. I was sooo amazed! You can hardley put the book down! I noticed that every ones says that"I could hardly pit the book down" Every puts that down because it is true. If you are not much of reader or you love to read, read this book. It was great. I think the ending could of been a little better but it was great the way it was. You will very pleased that you bought this book. You won't regret it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored to death, May 14 2004
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
In my honest opinion "They never came home" by Lois Duncan is the most boring book I've ever read. It's about two boys named Dan and Larry who get lost in the mountain's and never come home. After a through search in the mountain's every one gives them up for dead, including Joan who is Dan's girlfriend and Larry's sister. Joan believes that there dead but some hints prove other wise. If you don't like to read slow and boring books don't read this one. In the beginning it is really boring and the end leaves you asking questions. By the time you get to the middle of the book you don't even care what happened to Larry and Dan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Board to death, May 12 2004
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
In my honest opinion "They never came home" by Lois Duncan is the most boring book I've ever read. It's about two boys named Dan and Larry who get lost in the mountian's and never come home. After a throgh search in the mountian's every one gives them up for dead,including Joan who is Dan's girlfriend and Larry's sister. Joan belives that there dead but some hints prove other wise. If you don't like toread slow and boring books don't read this one. In the begining it is really boring and the end leaves you asking questions. By the time you get to the middel of the book you don't even care what hapened to Larry and Dan.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would recommend this because it was a wonderful book., Dec 1 1998
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
The book Never Came Home was wonderful I think any kid that loves to read should get this book. I'm not saying I love to read or anything. but I'm saying that you should read it. The one thing I like in this book is that when they were lost the Mother and Father always got some kind of funny or scary call. That was the favorite parts that i personally liked. Well I'm not going to tell you any more about the book. It's up to you to read the book. But I think you will love it, I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars They Never Came Home, March 9 2000
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
I thought this was a great book. It had a lot of mystery in it which I rarely ever read. It's about two friends that go on a hiking trip and never come home. After the families had agreed to end the search party, a man calls the Drayfus household to tell them that their son owed him a lot of money. This particular chapter is a critical one because that is when it takes a complete turn around. This book contains a lot of fears and mystery which makes it great I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent nail biter!, April 13 2000
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book for my teenage sons to read. When they told me how good the book was, I decided to read it. They were right. I loved it! The suspense is so fast paced. There was never a dull moment. I gave the book to my mother and she loved it as well. It certainly crossed all age barriers. Although it is definitely not meant for young kids, I highly recommend the book for teens, as well as older adults.

They Never Came Home
They Never Came Home by Lois Duncan (Mass Market Paperback - Oct. 1 1990)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54