5.0 out of 5 stars It is a awsome book I loved it !
Published on Feb. 15 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Report On This Book
Published on Dec 20 2001 by Brittany

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored to death, May 14 2004
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
In my honest opinion "They never came home" by Lois Duncan is the most boring book I've ever read. It's about two boys named Dan and Larry who get lost in the mountain's and never come home. After a through search in the mountain's every one gives them up for dead, including Joan who is Dan's girlfriend and Larry's sister. Joan believes that there dead but some hints prove other wise. If you don't like to read slow and boring books don't read this one. In the beginning it is really boring and the end leaves you asking questions. By the time you get to the middle of the book you don't even care what happened to Larry and Dan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Board to death, May 12 2004
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
In my honest opinion "They never came home" by Lois Duncan is the most boring book I've ever read. It's about two boys named Dan and Larry who get lost in the mountian's and never come home. After a throgh search in the mountian's every one gives them up for dead,including Joan who is Dan's girlfriend and Larry's sister. Joan belives that there dead but some hints prove other wise. If you don't like toread slow and boring books don't read this one. In the begining it is really boring and the end leaves you asking questions. By the time you get to the middel of the book you don't even care what hapened to Larry and Dan.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bored to death, May 12 2004
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
"They never came home" written by Lois Duncan was about two bots who never came home. Wow,does that sound very intresting to you well it does not to me. If you like books with a slow pace then this is the one for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, Dec 12 2003
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
Two boys went camping.Then they become missing.The two boy's familes look for them.Everybody thinks they are dead because they have been gone for over a month,but they really are't.It is a good book, but it becomes a little confusing in the middle of it.Read it to find out what happens in this book!

1.0 out of 5 stars It was awful, Dec 18 2002
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
I though this book was terrible. If it takes you 100 pages to build a climax and you can't get your reader interested until halfway through your book, then I would not suggest writing or reading this. It was terrible! If there wasn't such a long beginning it would have been all right.

4.0 out of 5 stars marisa's review, Nov. 3 2002
marisa silberman (cleveland, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
In the novel, They Never Came Home by Lois Duncan, two boys; Larry Drayfus and Dan Cotwell go camping one weekend and never return home. When the boys hadn't come home from camping in three days their family's started to get nervous. Larry was grounded and was supposed to be sent off to military school the next fall. But when he invited his sister, Joan's boyfriend, Dan to go camping with him for the weekend he was granted permission to go. Dan was graduating this year and was supposed to be valedictorian. They had planned to go to the Mogollons Mountains for the weekend and return on Sunday night. But when Wednesday rolled around people started to wonder what was going on and they sent out search parties for them. After days of searching they gave up and figured they were dead. Until Joan got a call from a man named Mr. Brown....
I would recommend this novel to people my age. I would recommend it because it keeps you on the edge of your seat and you never want to put it down. I had to read this for English class and usually I dislike all the books I read for English. But this book was so good I read all 185 pages of it in two days because I could not wait to finish it. This book has many twists and turns and really makes you think about the people and world around you.

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a awsome book I loved it !, Feb. 15 2002
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
The book I read They Never Came Home is about a girl named Joan and her brother David and her boyfriend named Lance. My book is about a girl who's boyfriend and brother all of a sudden disapper and she cant find them so she goes to a abanded house and sees their ghosts and gets really scared that they are dead but thair not. The story takes place in the abanded house. The story ends by when she finds out that her brother and boyfriend are not dead. Things turn out the way they do because can't find the two boys and is scared and is afraid the the two boys are dead then she goes crazy then finds out that they are not dead and so she becomes happier then she was. I would recommend this book because it was not hard to follow it was really easy to follow. And it was a really good book I loved it.
But I wouldn't recommend this book to anyone under the age of 8 years of age because they would probably not understand it or they would think that it was scary but it isn't it is a good book. You bcan find out the rest as soon as you read a really good book They Never Came Home a fun thriller.

3.0 out of 5 stars Report On This Book, Dec 20 2001
I thought this was intriguing book. Although it was good, I don't personally recommend it for anyone above the grade of 8. The book was easy to figure out but still suspenseful. I figured the plot out in the third chapter but I still enjoyed it enough to keep reading. The vocabulary in this book is really easy so the book would be good for 12-15 year olds. Overall, it was a good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suspense worth reading, July 16 2001
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a great suspense book! The last few pages I was doing all but holding my breath!

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Special, April 20 2001
This review is from: They Never Came Home (Mass Market Paperback)
I would have to say that this novel did not do a good job keeping the reader interested yet at times it did have good scenes. It rushed the intense scenes and left the readering feeling indifferent at the end. Louis Duncan did do a good job creating a variety of differnt characters with different personalites but did not develop them very well. I would not recommend this book.

ARRAY(0xaca6421c)

They Never Came Home
They Never Came Home by Lois Duncan (Mass Market Paperback - Oct. 1 1990)
CDN$ 8.99 CDN$ 8.54