5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than Chocolate (And Maybe Even Blood)
I am very surprised at the reaction many people have to Vivian, the lead character. Many seem to be revolted at the fact that she is strong, unapologetic and sexual. I found her downright lovable for this. How many female literary figures do young girls have to look up to that are beautiful, smart, tough and interesting, with absolutely no apologies? Practically none,...
Published on Feb. 18 2008 by Emily M. Hemmings

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitly not a MUST READ but not a COMPLETE waste of time
I found that this book was a lot like Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight" One thing that vaguely pleased me was the end of the book. It was sort of unexpected, but sort of not. I thought it was a good way to end.
Published on March 11 2007 by Anonymous

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars We all love chocolate, March 24 2004
Adi Lopez (South Pasadena, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
This excellent book by Annette Cutris Klause mixes fantasy and reality so well, you start to forget you are only reading a book. Klause captures the mind set and daily traumas of today's teenagers with a a sharp twist... Vivian, a sixteeen year old werewolf is caught between her pack laws, and her love for a 'meat-boy'. Having lost her father the previous year in a fire, her pack is without a leader, and out of control. The Five, who played a crucial part in the fire, are back to wrecking havoc that may lead to the exposure of their pack. Klause hooks you from the start, and you are rivitted to finish the book. You feel the hurt, the pain, the passion, as if it were you!

5.0 out of 5 stars BLOOD AND CHOCOLATE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, March 23 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is amazing. i was hooked from the very beginning. the first time that i heard of it was from my literature teacher. she reccomended it so i read it. vivian is really cool. even though it may not be for the younger kids (because of the profanity), it is still a great book. the story line continues throughout the book causing you to want to read more and more. you should read this book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!, March 2 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
This is the best book I have ever read! So far I have read it like five times. I read it the first time in one night. It was that good.
The book starts out explaining things and after a few pages in, it's awsome! It got very romantic too. I couldn't put the book down! I suggested this book to tons of my friends and now we are fighting over who gets to read it over the weakend. And I would suggest to Annette Curtis Klause to write more books just like this. Because if she would happen to, she would be my new best friend!!!!!!!!! READ THIS BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the Better Young Adult Werewolf Novels out there, March 2 2004
Stephanie Martin (Oregon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
I've always been a big fan of vampire and werewolf books. So, when my fiancé's sister handed me a stack of her favorites, I dug into this. Blood and Chocolate was the most recent one I've read.
Usually I'm not big on werewolves, and I seldom read young adult novels anymore, but I really enjoyed this one. It had the right mix of supernatural and real, teenage problems that made me feel like I could relate. I'm not werewolf, but I do remember problems with friends and boyfriends and parents from that age.
It was nice to read a book about a teenager that fully accepted who she was. Vivian loves being a lope-garou and she loves running around in wolf form, feeling the air in her fur. What she doesn't love is the disarray her pack is in while they try and recuperate from a tragic fire the year previous that claimed the life of Vivian's father, who also headed the pack. She doesn't care for Gabriel, the target of her mother's current interest, and the most likely male to lead the pack.
When Vivian meets up with Aiden, a dreamer and poet whose free spirit seems to attract unusual friends and parental disapproval, she feels as if she's met her soul mate. Despite the packs disapproval, she dates him, and later reveals her true self to him. This causes disaster as Aiden can't accept her for who she is.
As the romance between Vivian and Aiden is the driving force behind the book, I was a little disgruntled when it took an unexpected turn midway through. Aiden goes from loving Vivian totally and being open-minded to being terrified of her and wanting to free her from her curse. One incident is all it took, and I think it kind of soured the rest of the book for me. I understand it's the driving force behind the second half of the book, but the switch from "I love you, let's be together always" to "You're a monster! Get away" seemed really out of character.
Overall I think this is a well written book, especially for the genre and age group. Most teens that enjoy vampire novels or supernatural books will probably like this. Actually, anyone who enjoys supernatural themed novels would most likely enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars blood and choclate, Feb. 24 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
OMG this was one of the best books that i have ever read. i couldn't put it donw. i liked how she brought all the characters together and how each was intertwined. the lives of the pack is one greatly detaild, everyone sticks together and when one does wrong they all get in trouble. i like how the aurthor trapped you in the two worlds, and with gabe and aiden you where never sure who you wanted her to really be with. but it all works out for th best. every one should pick up this book and read it. it is so good. you will either read it in one day or in like two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood and Chocolate, Feb. 8 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
Blood and Chocolate is a great book. Klause keeps you guessing throughout the whole book. Vivian, a 16-year-old teenage warewolf, struggles to survive in a city, ran by humans. She desires Adian, a classmate, and he desires her, but he is a "meat-boy," and Gabriale, a fellow warewolf, wants Vivian for himself. This is a great book that won't allow you to lay it down. I highly recomend it. (11 and up)

3.0 out of 5 stars young adult novel, Jan. 26 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
I knew this was a young adult novel when I picked it up, but it had an interesting premise. The novel works out more or less, though its ending seems a bit forced and contrived. I found myself rooting for one set of people when Klause takes us in reverse, and rather abruptly. It's really the ending that I've trouble with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood and Chocolate, Jan. 26 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
I believe that this was one of the best books I have ever read. I love the story because it is compelling and has romance, adventure, and mystery behind it all. I have read the book 3 times already and starting on my fourth it is like every time i find something else that is new and interesting to me. I have tried reading other books that seem the same but there just not appealing to me. I think that this book will always be my favorite. Thank for the wonderful expierence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great werewolf book !, Jan. 23 2004
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
I was really more into vampire books but I decided to give this book about a teenage werewolf girl a try. It was deliciously delightful I really loved this book and I loved how the author writes so descriptively!!! Anyone that is into vampires or werewolfs should definetly give this book a TASTE!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Human or Werewolf?, Dec 21 2003
This review is from: Blood and Chocolate (Mass Market Paperback)
This story is of Vivian, a werewolf who currently lives in a house with her Uncle Rudy and mother, Esme. They and their pack currently live in West Virginia after being burned out of their last home. So now leaderless they try to get a leader and find a new place to live. Sounds simple enough, right? Wrong. Vivian ends up falling for a human which is not okay with her mother or the Five (her age mates), especially Rafe who has had his eye on her. Things get even more complicated when murders happen... by a werewolf. And Vivien starts to believe she's the guilty one. Chaos insues and Vivien finds that she doesn't fit in either of her worlds anymore but something's got to change. And will the one who has to help her be the last person she'd have thought of?
I only gave this 4 stars because I wasn't entirely happy with the ending but it was okay. Other than that, the story was enjoying. A teenager you could relate to as she struggled to fit in and control herself (in more ways than one), a mother who refused to act her age, antics from various characters, and so on. Insinuating comments, gestures, and other actions make this book suitable for older teens. Probably for 14 years and up.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb049c24c)

Blood and Chocolate
Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (Mass Market Paperback - Sept. 7 1999)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01