march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store sports Tools Family

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on March 31, 2004
Blatant rip-off of Bridget Jones....'nuff said!
on October 6, 2003
I must admit: I read this book entirely while sitting on the toilet. Further: I have not read the first book in this series. And: I did not pay money for this book (as I found it in the toilets) and perhaps my view of the book would change had I paid money for it. However: this book was not naught but fluff and sadly, not fluff of a particularly interesting variety. It is not objectionably long; the characters, however, quickly reveal themselves as offensively one-dimensional and monotony sets in. Becky likes to shop. Luke likes to work. The villain is villainous. Luke's mother is villainous. The shopgirls are helpful. The roommate is supportive. This carries on for a good three hundred pages. Rather excessive, I thought.
on March 31, 2003
Is there anything more tedious than tagging along on someone else's shopping spree? That's about as much fun as this book is.
The bimbo main character really got on my nerves. And for her "successful business man" boyfriend - he's straight out of some silly commercial.
If you want fun chick lit, read Marian Keyes, India Knight or Helen Fielding instead! They've got brains as well as funny traumas.
on January 6, 2003
I thought I would enjoy this book since I did enjoy the first one. However, I've decided to stop reading this book halfway through. Rebecca's stupidity is just overwhelming and annoying in this book. The author seems to have gone overboard in this one. The stupidity isn't cute or funny but just downright annoying.
on March 16, 2002
I hate say how much this second novel let me down. The first "shopaholic", I truly enjoyed, perfect light hearted fun, and great cottage reading. Somewhat of a "shopaholic" myself, I found the first book to be hilariously enlightening. The sequel though, I found terribly predictable, boring, and the only thing that forced myself to finish it was the hope of a glimpse of fun to reveal itself, unfortunatley, I made it to end feeling it to be nothing more than a waste of my time. Wish I felt differently, I love an easy, fun read once in a while.