5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me inpiration to try -- and I've succeeded!
I stumbled across this book at a local bookstore after I had broken off a relationship.
Published on Nov. 16 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed
Published on Feb. 23 1999

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed, Feb. 23 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: How to Get Your Lover Back: Successful Strategies for Starting Over (& Making It Better Than It Was Before) (Paperback)
I was disappointed in this book. Granted there was some solid useful advice: That you should show by word and deed how much you truly love your ex and put your own neediness on hold; use positive visualization; don't grovel or argue. My problem is that all such useful advice is presented in a general and abstract fashion, whereas the material that is concrete and specific is severely limited in application. For example, almost all of the couples in the case histories are already seeing one another regularly for dinner and a movie. But Dr. Harris offers no real advice on how to get to that point! What if you are not regularly seeing your ex at work or school or for "catch up dates?" There is an extremely limited chapter at the end, almost like an afterthought, on "Dealing With A Resistant Lover," that needs to be expanded! If your lover isn't "resistant," you don't need this book in the first place. A big chapter up front, on "Sex With Your Ex" seems largely gratuitous. If nothing else, the placement and weight given to these two subjects should be reversed. I'm anxious to try out the good stuff I learned from Dr. Harris. I just wish he had told me how to get close enough to my ex to do that. Sorry, but his advice to send cards and/or gifts at Christmas and birthdays doesn't quite cut it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was not helpful in my case, June 28 2004
As the other reader writes this book is for men who neglected their women and did not pay enough attention to their needs while they were together. My situation is very different. My lover left me and we live in 2 different places. He loves me but he doesn't want to be with me because he dealt with a lot of my stress in our relationship. Due to long distance unfortunately I have no chance to show him how much I am changed or applying any of the tactics from the book. I am still crushed that we will not get back together.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gave me inpiration to try -- and I've succeeded!, Nov. 16 2003
By A Customer
Although I was pretty embarrassed to be seen buying this gaudy-looking number I quickly found out it was just what the doc had ordered: I had ended a relationship (won't go into details here) but realized that I really had made a stupid mistake; yet, I somehow felt too prideful to try and get my relationship back. Working with this book helped give me the courage to go for it without feeling I somehow was going to lose face in my attempt, which was a big issue for me.
I'm not saying that had I not seen this book that I wouldn't have attempted to get my guy back -- yes, a lot of the book's advice seems to be common sense -- but Dr. Harris' supportive writing style helped give me the backbone to start ASAP by giving me the recipe to apply my efforts effectively and efficiently, instead of letting me potentially stumble and fumble through the process. Via this book I felt encouraged all along the way and gained confidence in my relationship skills.
Just as important, I am grateful to have felt that I had someone in my corner, cheering me on. Harris has a lot of wisdom about relationships in general that will keep me on track with my guy, with whom I couldn't be happier. This book was well worth the investment -- especially since it took so little of my time to read it -- for the results that I have gotten.

5.0 out of 5 stars I got my lover back, Aug. 20 2003
Karen A. Jordan (Caribbean) - See all my reviews
Every book has its critics. I bought the book at a time when my lover had left me and had no intentions o returning. He still loved me but didnt want to be with me. I read the book and waited. It took some months but I loved him back to me. Get the book. Read it and get your lover back.. BUT dont forget the techniques learnt to maintain the relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will get her back, Aug. 6 2003
By A Customer
This book encourages me and gives me hope to get my lover back. Every page makes me feel better and I know that I will get her back. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good ideas, May 30 2003
By A Customer
Some of this book I disagreed with , for example "loving 100%" this is great for a man to get a woman back, but most men want space and are also naturally drawn back in if you show you are ok without them. I think it is dangerous to reassure them that any communication is fine (ex friends, etc.) LET THEM MISS YOU!! Do not call or talk to them and they will come around on their on time.
For men this is a womnderful book!!For women- get "Dont call that man"

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, April 18 2003
By A Customer
I found this book to be very helpful. It is easy to read. There are super ideas that will help you make good choices when it comes to trying to get your X back. I have purchased many, many books on the subject and this is worth purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars It remains to be seen, March 9 2003
I started this book last night, and as I get into the 'nitty-gritty' of how to get my lover back, I am a thousand times more hopeful than I was before I started reading it. Blase Harris really captures the loneliness and despair of losing the love of your life, but seems also to be documenting the steps I've taken already, since I broke up with my lover a month ago today. He writes, "There is a...very parctical, crucially important reason for getting a lover back. If you don't learn how to make a relationship work, then when? Finding another fish in the sea is not good enough...So long as you and your ex-lover are alive, your relationship is not dead". This gives me the inspiration to continue, and Harris seems certain to help me find the ways and the words to make it happen.
The book is worth reading, if only for the excellent plot summary of Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"
The title, and rather flamboyant cover of this paperback edition is a little off-putting though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving 100%, Dec 18 2002
By A Customer
Dr. Harris really hits the nail on the head when it comes to LOVING your way back!! This book is for those who truly want the love of their life back...What the book teaches indirectly is what is the big picture, winning the battle or having Love in your life, his techniqes make sense and use love/logic not fear. The book only falls short in one category...The lover who is not talking to you. How to re-establish contact and rebuild the bond. If I used this book prior to my relationship ending, I'd still be with my ex. This book has definetly helped me grow and I recommend it..If your reading Dr. Harris...You need to write a book on skills for the LOVER who has relaced you and will not talk to you

5.0 out of 5 stars What everyone is neglecting to tell you., Aug. 12 2002
By A Customer
I really enjoyed this book,because it seemed to understand what I have been going thru. I am tired of everyone telling me to: "move on" or "get over it" I just need my time to understand wha I did wrong, and learn from it. I figure, at best, I will get the love of my life back, or at worst, I will have a good friend. Buy this book, if you want to learn from your experiences.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›