4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter book

1.0 out of 5 stars not for lesbians or gay men not on the party circuit
Published on Feb. 24 2001 by stephanie scott

4.0 out of 5 stars A good starter book, Aug. 14 2001
Tim Browning (Alpharetta, Georgia USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gay Money: Your Personal Guide to Same-Sex Strategies for Financial Security, Strengthand Success (Paperback)
I liked this book in general and I learned a few things. If you are very sophisticated about financial matters, you may not learn anything new here except, perhaps, the need for special protections for gay persons with regard to estate planning and estate management. Gay money is, after all, still just money. But here you can see it in a context where it can be the target of intolerance, greed, dishonesty, and the bigotry of ignorant and uncaring homophobes. The protection of assets in such a hostile social context is challenging. It's good to know where to start.

1.0 out of 5 stars not for lesbians or gay men not on the party circuit, Feb. 24 2001
stephanie scott (san francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
he makes many inappropriate assumptions about the gay community which made it even harder for me to trust his advice. he assumes that no gay or lesbians have children, have parents or relatives, and all have a drug problem. Therefore we are all well ahead of the game financially without children, we shouldn't buy homes because we have no family or ties to an area so we can all move at the drop of a hat to further our careers, and that if we just stopped our drugs we'd be all able to save more money. never once did i see any concrete advice. the whole book is about the psychology behind gay spending and lack of savings on the party circuit.

Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01