5.0 out of 5 stars What a world
Started the Sookie Stackhouse series and didn't stop until all 13 were read.
Only to start back at the beginning again.
Published 12 months ago by Heather A. Jack

2.0 out of 5 stars not that interesting
Well I normally love True Blood and of course I mean both TV show and books I found this Ebook more like a bad cut and paste. Not what I wanted or expected.
Published 6 months ago by jessica

2.0 out of 5 stars not that interesting, Jan. 17 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars What a world, July 11 2013
Heather A. Jack (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
Started the Sookie Stackhouse series and didn't stop until all 13 were read.
Only to start back at the beginning again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, June 26 2012
This was my favorite Sookie Stackhouse book yet. I loved Eric loosing his memory and the relationship him and Sookie had, but I am happy it was done at the end of the book. Can't wait to read the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, Feb. 14 2012
I was satisfied with my purchase. The book I ordered came quickly and without any problems. thanks. I have no complaints.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm..., July 9 2004
anprdp "anprdp" (Huntsville, Alabama United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead to the World: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Hardcover)
I am one of the world's largest vampire fans. There isn't a whole lot of vampire films (even bad ones) or books I haven't read. As being from the south, I really enjoyed this series. The first two books were beyond excellent. I found myself as a mother of two staying up to all hours of the night to finish them, but with these last two books I have been slightly disappointed in how the book has been led to almost make Bill non-existant. I found him the strongest lead man in the first two books and now I am finding myself missing him. Although Eric is very appealing, I want Bill back!! I like the monogomy in the first two books and I find Sookie being kinda handed around in the last two. All in all, the book has some high points to its appeal. I just miss my vamp man!!

4.0 out of 5 stars THIS NEW VERSION OF ERIC IS HARD TO RESIST, SHAME ABOUT ALL THE WITCHES, Feb. 27 2011
Buggy "SUNNIE Day reader" (British Columbia, Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Dead to the World is the 4th instalment from the addictive and entertaining Sookie Stackhouse series, which for the most part I'm really enjoying. This addition had a lot going for it with Harris setting up some intriguing scenarios for our returning cast of characters. And once I got past the pages of repetitive back story I was quite excited about the prospects. Unfortunately though as much as I enjoy and admire her writing I was never able to get fully engaged in this story. It could be because of the addition of even more fantastical creatures, I mean I could have done without the were-panthers theme and the coven of witches, oh and how could I forget the good fairy but hey that's just me and my aversion to UF speaking.

On the plus side the "new" Eric was delicious on every level though it does make me wonder what Harris has against Bill. Its not that I `m a team Eric, team Bill type girl but why bother to introduce him as Sookie's love just to keep sending him away every book, its just weird to me and doesn't even allow for a good love triangle to develop.

The thing is this series is almost awesome, the writing is amazing, the world building, the action and horror aspects, the relatable, fascinating and sexy characters but I just don't always understand Harris's choices. A few more love scenes wouldn't go astray either, although the 1 that we do get here is extra steamy. In the end I can't seem to stop myself from continuing on with this series, Sookie feels like an old friend now and I need to know where this is all going.

Its New Years eve when we first join Sookie again, she's driving home from a busy night at Merlottes. Bill has up and left for Peru and the last thing she needs or expects to see right now is a half naked vampire running down the road. Things get even more interesting when the vamp turns out to be Eric who for some reason can't seem to remember anything. This new kinder, gentler Eric has no clue who he is much less what's happened to him in fact he even seems a little scared. Sookie being well Sookie takes him home of course. I mean what girl could refuse a half dressed, nervous blond Viking vampire

It soon becomes apparent that whoever took Eric's memory also wants him dead and through a series of events Sookie gets put in charge of keeping him alive. Meanwhile her brother has gone missing and a battle is brewing (ha) between a coven of witches and the local werewolf/ shifter population. Sam, Alcide, Bubba, Chow and Pam all make appearances along with a whole new cast of interesting characters. Now all Sookie has to do is find her brother, keep Eric alive, avoid the witches, dispose of the bodies, and hold onto her heart because this new version of Eric is very hard to resist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, Nov. 16 2010
This series of books provides a nice, easy read while still delivering a great story. Every time I pick one up I find I can't put it back down; they just sneak back into my hands! The story is an interesting take on the standard vampire genre.

4.0 out of 5 stars True Blood, Season 4 or Eclipse?, Oct. 27 2010
Chris (Ottawa, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
The story for Sookie and Eric was a soap opera plot, but I was pleased with how Harris ended it. The mystery involving Jason Stackhouse was effective and it will be interesting to see Jason in the next edition. These are good books and I am glad True Blood tempted me into reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love Eric, June 27 2005
When I bought this book at the local Zellers, I didn't even know there were other books before it until I made it to chapter three or four, but I read on anyway and loved it regardless. There were enough scenes where Sookie thinks about the past to know what had happened without droning on. It was for this reason that I fell in love with Eric's character. Both of his characters at least, as opposed to being a Bill fan. Which was why the end saddened me, but overall the story was great, and I hope to see more interaction between him and Sookie in the next book, even if it is just him doing his playful flirting

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the best Sookie yet, July 5 2004
This review is from: Dead to the World: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Hardcover)
With her vampire ex-boyfriend heading out of town, Sookie Stackhouse looks forward to more peaceful (and lonely) times in small-town Louisianna. But when her brother starts dating a shape-shifter and hunky vampire Sheriff, Eric loses his memory and Sookie finds him running naked near her house, she realizes that the times will be anything but peaceful. With his memory intact, Eric was a jerk but he's sort of sweet without it--and Sookie has a hard time fighting the attraction. Still, she's made a new year's resolution--no more getting beat up. And if she hangs with Eric and the other vampires, she knows she's going to get hurt.
When her brother turns up missing, though, Sookie realizes that she can't just lay low. And with witches trying to take over nearby Shreveport (where Eric is from), it doesn't take long before she's in the middle of the fight of her life. There is one bit of good news. Despite a great figure and good looks, Sookie's mind-reading always scared away the normal males. But as she meets shifters, witches, vampires, and even a fairy, there are plenty of non-human and half-human males who find Sookie just what they are looking for--assuming she can survive long enough to create a relationship.
Author Charlaine Harris mixes up humor, suspense, magic, and a really nice character in Sookie Stackhouse for an especially strong entry into her Southern Vampire series. In a world where amoral vampires and amoral humans wage war for control, Sookie provides an ethical perspective and a bit of balance. Her concern for her missing brother and her ambivalent feelings toward Eric increase reader empathy with Sookie and our stakes in the outcome.
I've enjoyed each of the Southern Vampire novels but DEAD TO THE WORLD may just be the best.

Dead to the World: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Dead to the World: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 3 2004)
CDN$ 29.00 CDN$ 18.18