5.0 out of 5 stars Another great chapter in the story..., Nov. 26 2012
This series is keeping me entertained by its ingenuity, furious pace, and versatility from one book to the next. I just finished book 5, Princep's Fury, and I still don't know where this story is going. At the end of every book in this series I thought I could tell where the author was taking the reader, only to be surprised time and again but the turn of events. Everyone is a potential enemy, or a potemtial ally. Most characters are shades of grey and you can hate somneone is one book and find yourself liking them in the next one. Some characters are infuriatingly hopeless (Invidia) while others are surprisingly hopeful (Fidelias), and there is simply to telling how it will all end. Bits of the past are being revealed throughout, which makes things even more interesting/confusing.

It has been a very long time since a series has held me hooked like this one has. Another great read from Jim Butcher!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, from a fantastic series, July 2 2014
Fantastic book, from a fantastic series. I loved the novelty of the Elemental concept, which was very well done. Please write more, Jim Butcher! You don't need to sleep, or go on holidays, just keep on typing...

5.0 out of 5 stars A++++, April 4 2009
This review is from: Princeps' Fury (Hardcover)
First Lord's Fury is due November 2009!!! I am so excited! This is an awesome series and shows another side of Jim Butcher than the one seen in the Dresden Files. Tavi and his friends are fun to follow and Mr. Butcher always has a surprise waiting around the corner. I really enjoy the fact that Tavi has to use his brains to solve problems and doesn't just mumble some magic and Voila! problem solved. I love the Furies! They are a refreshingly original view of magic. I was supposed to wait until the paperback came out to read it but there was no way I could wait another year so I bought the hardcover anyway. The wait until November is already going to kill me!

4.0 out of 5 stars Is this the end?, Jan. 10 2009
S. Lamm "WinnipegFantasyReader" (Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Princeps' Fury (Hardcover)
I have been hooked on the "Furies" series since book one. This was an innovative idea; one that I had not seen before in Fantasy, and I have read hundreds of books. This fifth book had the positive point of keeping me interested in the series, but the negative point of it being open-ended. It could be over, but there is definitely room for a 6th book. My only issue with this series is there is (in my opinion) too much attention paid to the battle scenes and not enough to the character development and the mysteries of the Furies themselves. Would I recommend these books? You betcha!

Princeps' Fury
Princeps' Fury by Jim Butcher (Hardcover - Dec 4 2008)
CDN$ 28.50