countdown boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on November 26, 2012
This series is keeping me entertained by its ingenuity, furious pace, and versatility from one book to the next. I just finished book 5, Princep's Fury, and I still don't know where this story is going. At the end of every book in this series I thought I could tell where the author was taking the reader, only to be surprised time and again but the turn of events. Everyone is a potential enemy, or a potemtial ally. Most characters are shades of grey and you can hate somneone is one book and find yourself liking them in the next one. Some characters are infuriatingly hopeless (Invidia) while others are surprisingly hopeful (Fidelias), and there is simply to telling how it will all end. Bits of the past are being revealed throughout, which makes things even more interesting/confusing.

It has been a very long time since a series has held me hooked like this one has. Another great read from Jim Butcher!
on July 2, 2014
Fantastic book, from a fantastic series. I loved the novelty of the Elemental concept, which was very well done. Please write more, Jim Butcher! You don't need to sleep, or go on holidays, just keep on typing...
on April 2, 2015
Jim Butcher is quite a remarkable writer, i love this serie.
If you want adventure, love, action, well life you will find it in all of his book
Good reading!
on April 4, 2009
First Lord's Fury is due November 2009!!! I am so excited! This is an awesome series and shows another side of Jim Butcher than the one seen in the Dresden Files. Tavi and his friends are fun to follow and Mr. Butcher always has a surprise waiting around the corner. I really enjoy the fact that Tavi has to use his brains to solve problems and doesn't just mumble some magic and Voila! problem solved. I love the Furies! They are a refreshingly original view of magic. I was supposed to wait until the paperback came out to read it but there was no way I could wait another year so I bought the hardcover anyway. The wait until November is already going to kill me!