5.0 out of 5 stars really good book
Its one of my favorite. I love this series of book. Can't wait for the last one. I just eat this book in a day!
Published 6 months ago by Sara Belanger

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened????
I have been seriously hooked on these books to the point I can't put them down. This one was a major disappointment. Almost like it was written by someone other than Charlaine Harris. The style is different (and not in a good way) and the story goes down a ton of directions without ever going deeply into any of them. The ending was the only saving grace for this disaster.
Published on Nov. 5 2009 by Ricki L. Mclarty

5.0 out of 5 stars really good book, Feb. 17 2014
This review is from: From Dead to Worse: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Mass Market Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars book, Feb. 8 2013
love the entire series of books and this is just another one in the continuing saga. Great read. Easy to read

5.0 out of 5 stars :), Jan. 16 2013
If you like the other Sookie Stackhouse books, then you will like this one. The price is good and the shipping is fast. Thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars From Dead to Worse to Best, Sept. 3 2008
Bernie Koenig (London, Ontario Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have been reading this series from the beginning. Like all series there are good ones and not so good ones. The character of Sookie is always great though. But this book really tops out. I think it is the longest book in the series and the most complex. But it never lags.

We have were wars and vamp wars and, of course, Sookie is not just in the middle of it all but actually has an effect on the outcomes.

And in post Katrina Louisiana we meet a couple of people who have been displaced and also get involved with Sookie.

But the real highlight of this book is an unexpected new family connection for Sookie. I won't give anything away but it adds a fascinating side to the story. And it probably sets up plot material for the next installment.

A real satisfying read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, Feb. 3 2010
J. Scully "withagoodbook" (Canada) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Now this is the way I like my Sookie Stackhouse stories... filled with action, intrigue, familiar faces and a little bit of romance! After the less than impressive All Together Dead, I found From Dead to Worse to be a vast improvement. The 8th book in the Southern Vampire series finds Sookie back home in Bon Temps, and back to her regular life. Or as regular as a telepath who hangs out with vampires and werewolves' life can be! Amelia is still living with Sookie, which gives her someone to interact with at home, and adds an interesting female character who's (almost) always on Sookie's side. Since I've often felt that there is a definite lack of female characters in the Southern Vampire series, I really enjoy the addition of Amelia to the series.

After all the loss and devastation in New Orleans, change is afoot in the vampire world. While Sookie would prefer not to be involved in Vamp politics, her associations always manage to land her right in the middle of things. To make matters worse, the Weres are caught up in a battle for leadership of their own, and they want Sookie's assistance as well. And just when you think her supernatural obligations are at the max, we meet a long lost relative (or two!) that add a whole new wrinkle to Sookie's already complicated life.

From Dead to Worse does an excellent job of advancing all the various plot lines that have been planted in the previous novels, bringing some to a satisfying close, while also opening things up for some new characters and dramas. Filled with all the great characters we have come to know and love over the years, along with a healthy dose of danger and excitement, and of course a few chuckles along the way, From Dead to Worse is one of my favourite Sookie books to date. I can't wait to get my hands on Dead and Gone, the 9th installment in the series, to find out what happens next!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read but I am getting concerned the storylines are dwindling!, Jan. 21 2010
Ron H "Ron H" (Oakville, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I have read this series from the start and just finished from Dead to Worse. This one differs from others in that there are more parallel stories than the previous book. I don't know if that is because Charlene Harris has a lot of stories to tell or just that the material is getting thinner and it is taking many stories to fill the book. This book is a good read for any fan of the series and you will enjoy it. As my title suggests I think this is the 8th book in the series and as one can fully expect at some point the series starts to lose some steam. I thought this book was entertaining but it is her first work in the series that I had the impression the storylines were not as robust and it may be going beyond its natural course. I will read the next book and that will determine if I continue to follow this series or I will retire it, appreciative of the work that was done and the world that Charlene Harris created.

5.0 out of 5 stars from dead to worse, Aug. 13 2010
I love the way Charlaine portrays the heroine in this on going series.Can't wait to see how it finally ends.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, Nov. 10 2009
Charleaine Harris just keeps getting better and better. I have never had anything bad to say about her books.

2.0 out of 5 stars What happened????, Nov. 5 2009
Ricki L. Mclarty "Ricki M." (Alberta, Canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, Sept. 10 2009
Amazon Customer (Gatineau, Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
This book keep you going in the world of Sookie Stackhouse witch is full of up and down in her life.Amazing writing. Can't wait to get the next one. Big fan of this series.

From Dead to Worse: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
From Dead to Worse: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris (Mass Market Paperback - March 31 2009)
CDN$ 9.99 CDN$ 9.49