Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store NFL Tools

From Dead to Worse: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:$9.49+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on February 3, 2010
Now this is the way I like my Sookie Stackhouse stories... filled with action, intrigue, familiar faces and a little bit of romance! After the less than impressive All Together Dead, I found From Dead to Worse to be a vast improvement. The 8th book in the Southern Vampire series finds Sookie back home in Bon Temps, and back to her regular life. Or as regular as a telepath who hangs out with vampires and werewolves' life can be! Amelia is still living with Sookie, which gives her someone to interact with at home, and adds an interesting female character who's (almost) always on Sookie's side. Since I've often felt that there is a definite lack of female characters in the Southern Vampire series, I really enjoy the addition of Amelia to the series.

After all the loss and devastation in New Orleans, change is afoot in the vampire world. While Sookie would prefer not to be involved in Vamp politics, her associations always manage to land her right in the middle of things. To make matters worse, the Weres are caught up in a battle for leadership of their own, and they want Sookie's assistance as well. And just when you think her supernatural obligations are at the max, we meet a long lost relative (or two!) that add a whole new wrinkle to Sookie's already complicated life.

From Dead to Worse does an excellent job of advancing all the various plot lines that have been planted in the previous novels, bringing some to a satisfying close, while also opening things up for some new characters and dramas. Filled with all the great characters we have come to know and love over the years, along with a healthy dose of danger and excitement, and of course a few chuckles along the way, From Dead to Worse is one of my favourite Sookie books to date. I can't wait to get my hands on Dead and Gone, the 9th installment in the series, to find out what happens next!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on January 21, 2010
I have read this series from the start and just finished from Dead to Worse. This one differs from others in that there are more parallel stories than the previous book. I don't know if that is because Charlene Harris has a lot of stories to tell or just that the material is getting thinner and it is taking many stories to fill the book. This book is a good read for any fan of the series and you will enjoy it. As my title suggests I think this is the 8th book in the series and as one can fully expect at some point the series starts to lose some steam. I thought this book was entertaining but it is her first work in the series that I had the impression the storylines were not as robust and it may be going beyond its natural course. I will read the next book and that will determine if I continue to follow this series or I will retire it, appreciative of the work that was done and the world that Charlene Harris created.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again