5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE
I adore the Sookie Stackhouse series, and I'm such a huge True Blood fan. These books are much different that the TV series, and I think they are even better.
Published 11 months ago by A. Bagnall

2.0 out of 5 stars Running out of ideas
Published on June 8 2009 by Mc. Cats

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Running out of ideas, June 8 2009
This review is from: Dead and Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Hardcover)
I didn't think that this book in the series was of the same quality of her other Sookie Stackhouse books. It seems that the story is getting stretched a little thin and the story line with these "new characters" doesn't seem to fit. And of course, still the same dilemmas over Eric and Bill which is getting very tiresome. Just pick one all ready! I enjoyed most of the other books in the series but not this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars For Fans of the Series only, Aug. 16 2009
This review is from: Dead and Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Hardcover)
I have to agree with some of the other mixed reviews of this book. It did seem very poorly edited and very rushed at the end. For someone who loves the series so far and waited not so patiently for this installment, it was disappointing. Having said that, I would still buy book 10 when it somes out, because I still have hope that the series will be completed with an great ending.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK read for fans but series is losing steam!, Jan. 25 2010
Ron H "Ron H" (Oakville, Ontario) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed this series by Charlaine Harris but this will be my last book read as I believe the concept has hit a wall for her. I might try some of her other works but the Sookie Stackhouse series feels past its prime.

This book was o.k. and fans will generally enjoy it. It is a familiar cast of characters and while the story seems jumpy at times it was a good read. That being said I find there is little new in discovery with her characters and the world which she has created now seems constrained. There was little new discovery of the world and the character stories seemed stayed. For the most part this was a basic murder mystery just set in an already well developed world. Again, I enjoyed the series immensely, thought this book was o.k. but will be moving on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love Sookie, Jan. 27 2014
Shelley (Milestone, SK, Canada) - See all my reviews
These books are all wonderful. I love all the characters and with the series being so many books you get to 'know' everyone and you look forward to what they are going to do next

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, Aug. 26 2013
A. Bagnall (canada) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, July 27 2013
Love these books, they r so great! Tv show is good too. I need to c if the new book is out yet..

5.0 out of 5 stars Sookie Stackhouse - LOVE THESE BOOKS, Dec 13 2012
Love this book - and the whole collection!!!! I am hooked, and will be sad when it ends...

I have gotten all the girls from work into reading these to.

I RECOMMEND!

3.0 out of 5 stars Reading previous reviews prepared me, Dec 14 2010
listerines (Vancouver, BC) - See all my reviews
-Minor Spoilers-
I was a little hesitant in getting this book after reading some of the reviews. I have found that as the Sookie series continues, it has lost momentum. I think after the first 4 or 5 books, I began to expect that bit of intense romance nested somewhere in each book. I loved Dead to the World, when Sookie has a romance with Eric. But I have decided to see the series through, even if it means spending more money, and wondering if (as lots of other reviewers have) the series will end in Sookie having matured and learned from her adventures and romances, with a happy (weird) ending. Since I braced myself for the violence against pregnant women (which I didn't actually find too heavy handed, although I did find Claudine's death while expecting unnecessary to the story), and was resigned to the fact that this book would not find Sookie making any major romantic decisions, I enjoyed it very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but a little disapointing..., Aug. 12 2010
Dead and Gone is a good book in the Sookie Stackhouse series but I felt like it was missing something. Maybe not enough dept or details but I don't regret reading it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seemed a bit rushed, Oct. 17 2009
This review is from: Dead and Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel (Hardcover)
I eagerly awaited the release of this book and although it was very good, it seemed like Harris was rushed when writing this. It lacked a certain something that the previous books in this series had. It was still interesting and I couldn't put it down but I hope the next book is better:)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Dead and Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Dead and Gone: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel by Charlaine Harris (Hardcover - May 5 2009)
CDN$ 32.50 CDN$ 20.38