Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage pinata Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Cycling Tools minions

Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on May 24, 2011
I read a few reviews before I read the actual book and although I agree with some of the arguments I would say their ratings are a little harsh. I agree that the last book (Dead In The Family) and this one were both filler novels which can be a bit frustrating. The main reason I feel this way is because her relationship with Eric is at a standstill and has been for sometime. I love Charlaine's writing regardless of series or characters but the one thing I have always found that really separates the Sookie vampire novels from others is that Sookie is at least realistic in her relationships. She knows when to move on and she knows when something isn't going to work. She is her own person who values being mostly human - never really wanting to become a vampire. Don't get me wrong - book number four and it's Eric and Sookie relationship was my favourite. However after reading Dead In The Family and now Dead Reckoning I feel there is a serious need for change in this said relationship. I am glad Charlaine has finally planted the seed of change - promising that the next novel answer some serious Eric and Sookie questions if not even an ending to the relationship we all love so much. Would I be sad if that was the case -I would have said hell yeah before reading the last two novels but now I am not so sure...if it spices things up and let's Sookie start having some fun (like she did in past novels) then I am all for it!

So if this filler novel was needed to move on to the real story in the next novel then I am all for it. I still thoroughly enjoyed Dead Reckoning. It wasn't my favourite but as I said my favourite was some time ago. It was still a really fun and fast read and all in all I really enjoyed it. To say the very least it has definitely kept my interest and now I can't believe I have to wait a year for the next novel. The next novel better have a lot of substantial changes and I feel Charlaine knows this - if she doesn't and continues to provide an entertaining but filler novel again she may loose a lot of readers.

So enjoy the novel for what it is - a fun quick read with our favourite characters. And if you haven't tried her other novels give them a go - I loved the Harper Connelly and the Lilly Bard series! I have also started reading the Riley Jenson series by Keri Arthur - they are very good as well!
on July 12, 2012
This is the next book in the series of Sookie Stackhouse/True Blood, in paperback. I enjoyed the book, it is well written and flows with the other books by this author. I can't wait for the next book! (when its in paperback to go with the whole series that I have purchased). I started watching the tv show before reading the books, but the books and the tv show do not run side by side, so if you don't like the show then you may like the books and same the other way too. It's hot outside, find a cool spot in your yard and get comfortable and visit all the supes in Bon Temp and get hot and sweaty with them. Have fun!
on September 4, 2011
Since I had read other comments, I didn't want to read it. Especially, since I didn't really like the last book (not enough action)although I'm a big fan of this serie. In this one, there's alot more action, and you find out new information about everyone.
on June 22, 2015
Love all the books. They hook you in so you really want to know what happens next.