march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on February 22, 2016
Neuromancer is a cyber-punk/science fiction story which takes place in a modern (or post-modern) version of the world where virtual reality and orbital space travel have become norms. The novel might be best described as the inspiration for such modern films as The Matrix and Hackers and explores what a highly connected digital world might look like.
on January 25, 2016
Pretentious drivel. The worst faux-academia has to offer. I slogged my way halfway through it, buried by kitchy jargon. The most interesting part was when I finally realized the chore this was and tossed it in the trash. I didn't even want to inflict it on another. It's like the worst novel you'd read in an entry level literature class.
on December 4, 2015
Excellent book, the the neuromancer trilogy is a must read for any cyberpunk and sci-fi fan.
on December 2, 2015
Great
on March 31, 2015
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.That's how it starts, sorry not sure if you need a spoiler alert for the first sentence of a book. I really liked neuromancer but our age has progressed so far that some of it seems a bit dated but it's not like some other old sci-fi where everything is just wrong. The great thing about this book is that you can see how it has influenced pretty much all the cyber punk that came after it. Great read.
on November 18, 2014
This is, without a doubt, my favourite book. It says a lot that one of the most iconic science fiction novels was written by a prose poet, on a typewriter. What strikes me most about this book is its elegance. There are so many times that I had to read a passage multiple times, in order to make certain I understood all the layers of beauty therein.

This is the book I recommend to anyone who wants to try science fiction. The pace and immersion frequently leave me out of breath in my chair. My imagination and the texture of my dreams were irreversibility shaped by this book. The lens through which William Gibson sees the world has permanently altered my own and I have never been more grateful.

It's well known that Gibson predicts the existence of the internet in this book, but it's further worth noting that he also predicts the existence of ear bud headphones and dubstep. Something to watch out for.
on November 6, 2014
It's good
on August 22, 2014
Neuromancer is a classic sci-fi thriller from a few decades ago. I'd heard of it but never read it. Once I started reading it I realized why it's rated so highly by sci-fi fans. Gibson's command of English is not only huge but highly creative, with phrases that make you smile at their originality. His use of concepts that are rather alien to the world as we know it are used as if we were already in that era and therefore understand them. Although this is confusing at first, it normalizes as one reads on since he defines them mostly by inference and different ways of looking at them. The book takes a bit of work to read, yet it's very worthwhile given the infusion of a great story with superb language and original ideas.
on August 12, 2014
My favourite sci-fi novel of all time. Poetic and fast-paced, this is a must read for anyone who liked The Matrix or Primer
on July 25, 2014
Wow. its not my cup of tea. Had to force my way through it, and a month later, I cant remember if I even finished it. Some might like this sort of super sci-fi giberish, but it was painful torture to try to read it to get my moneys worth.