Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on November 16, 2001
This book had a great start with many in-depth characters. The plot setup was good, set in a medevial type world with wizards. About half way through, though, it seems that Cook abandons all exposition and hops from crisis to crisis with little background detail. "They walked 300 miles, eating fish along the way. They then sacked Troy." It seemed like the first half of the book contained 1/30th of all the action in the book, but 95% of all character development. It is a good read, but if he tripled the length of the book by fleshing out the 2nd half of the book with the same type of detail found in the 1st half of the book he would have had an epic.
I totally recommend getting this if you can find it at a good price.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 25, 1999
Wow, this book is great. I have read a lot of fantasy books, but this one tops my list as one of the all time greats. The story was absolutely enthralling, the characters were some of the most lifelike characters I have ever read, if it weren't for the fact that I had to turn the page I would have thought them real. Cook did an excellent job at weaving a tale of high fantasy. I recommend this book to anyone out there who likes fantasy novels or if they think these novels are just toys of a bad imagination, then they should read this book, I believe it will change their perspective on how they view fantasy fiction books.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse