4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Tearjerker...Nicholas Sparks Makes It Possible
Unfortunatly, I'm not one of the people blessed with patience.
So today when I departed to my local book store, and found 'At First Sight' sitting neatly beside Nicholas Sparks previous novels, I immediatly flipped to the back to see what happened to the beloved characters introduced in 'True Believer'.
A note to all readers: Don't repeat my foolish...
Published on Oct. 18 2005

Published on July 31 2007 by maya j

3.0 out of 5 stars Read 'True Believer' first if you want to know what's going on., July 31 2007
maya j (Quail Crossing) - See all my reviews
This review is from: At First Sight (Paperback)
I didn't realize that 'At First Sight' was essentially a sequel to True Believer. Right from the beginning, it rang hollow with me and the characters didn't seem very well fleshed out. I frankly had a hard time accepting why this great guy from New York would give up his fabulous life for a woman like Lexie. She was irritating, high maintenance, childish, bratty, selfish- and the list goes on. I just couldn't envision their relationship, and from the plot line, evidently, his friends had a hard time with it too. At any rate, this irritating scenario transpired over many pages, and I kept thinking- "Is there going to be some sort of SOMETHING happening?" because it was really needing it. Needless to say, Nicholas Sparks has an easy-going writing style, and his stories always end up with a cloyingly sweet finish, so getting through the book wasn't a problem- understanding the characters was. It seems as though he was trying to evolve a plot line that just wasn't there. It now, however, makes sense to me that I did not understand the dynamics of the characters or why he loved the woman in this story so much, because I had not read the first book, 'True Believer.' Now that it's too late to go back, I would definitely recommend that a person read that book first, and then maybe 'At First Sight' would hold more credibility and understanding. It started out not making sense, and it ended that way for me. It wasn't the worst book in the world, but I didn't love it either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delightful Tearjerker...Nicholas Sparks Makes It Possible, Oct. 18 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: At First Sight (Hardcover)
Unfortunatly, I'm not one of the people blessed with patience.
A note to all readers: Don't repeat my foolish actions.
That aside, the novel is brilliant. Nicholas Sparks adds the pieces of the puzzle together with asounding grace, but with adding twists that not only made me gasp, but are so shocking you won't see them coming. And a warning to all...kleenex boxes should be present at all times...the large ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Compelling, Oct. 20 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: At First Sight (Hardcover)
Nicholas Sparks is one of the best writers when it comes to relationships of the heart ( as good as Jane Green or Steve Horsfall).At First Sight starts slowly but by the end you really cannot put it down - it is very enjoyable and believable and nicely conveys the impact of our past. I liked True Believer, but this was better

4.0 out of 5 stars At first I didn't like it much, Sept. 28 2014
J. Ronaghan (Canada) - See all my reviews
At first I didn't like it much; thought it was frivolous, but as I got further into the book; I found the message very touching, As with all of Nicholas Sparks books, sometimes they make you laugh, then cry.

5.0 out of 5 stars At First Sight, Jan. 23 2014
Another great story by Nicholas Sparks. The ending was a definite surprise but great all the same. Love his works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Nicholas Sparks, Jan. 15 2014
This review is from: At First Sight (Paperback)
Anytime that a person picks up a Sparks book, you know that you are in for a good read. This one did not disappoint. It is a good summer book as it does not require the concentration that some do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, May 23 2013
There is something therapeutic about a. Nicholas Sparks story. I enjoyed spending time with these lovely characters. I was ready with my box of tissue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book.What can I say re Nicholas Sparks books., March 7 2013
I havenen't read a bad book of his as yet and Ive read them all.
Can't wait for his next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars At First Sight, Feb. 24 2013
This review is from: At First Sight (Mass Market Paperback)
this is probably one of my favorite novels written by Nicholas Sparks to date..definitely not a "Happily ever after ending"..a tear jerker

5.0 out of 5 stars At First Sight, Feb. 12 2013
This review is from: At First Sight (Mass Market Paperback)
Another good book to purchase in pocket size. A book that will last a long time because it is very wll binded.

At First Sight
At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks (Mass Market Paperback - Sept. 1 2007)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01