5.0 out of 5 stars HEARTWARMING, HAPPY, AND HOPEFUL
Remember Marley: A Dog Like No Other, a canine greatly loved by his master? Well, here is Dewey, an abandoned orange kitten not only beloved by his mistress but by the entire town of Spencer, Iowa.

Dewey's origins were questionable as was his introduction to library director Vicki Myron. January 18, 1988 was a frigid Monday in Spencer. "It was a killing...
Published on Sept. 17 2008 by Gail Cooke

2.0 out of 5 stars I want my money back!!!
I'm not a cat person per se (I have two dogs) but I ordered this book after reading all those praising comments from well-known authors, among others, as well as the customer reviews on the Amazon website. Unfortunately, I do not agree with most of the reviewers. In fact, I'm very surprised that this book was a #1 New York Times Bestseller! Although I agree that Dewey's...
Published on Jan. 12 2010 by Jeannette McLaughlin

5.0 out of 5 stars A great animal story, Oct. 22 2009
Fran V. Wylie - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World (Hardcover)
I enjoyed Dewey. I was able to relate to the cat's story and the author's emotions on several levels because I have owned cats all my life. I also enjoyed the back story about the author herself that pulled this story together. Just don't forget to buy kleenexes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purrrfect, July 20 2010
Kim Levasseur (Quebec Canada) - See all my reviews
Tis is a fantastic book to read , whether you're young or older.This book made me smile ,cry ,feel sad at times too.It's a feel good book, heartwarming and touching.Showing us just how much an animal can bring people closer together.I didn't want the book to end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved Dewey, but the author kept getting off track, Feb. 15 2009
The Mad Hatter "Seagull Books" (Prince Edward Island, Canada) - See all my reviews
Dewey was an adorable cat. How could one not be fascinated by such a people-loving, heart-rendering little feline who came in from the cold and warmed the hearts of an entire community.

From the moment of Dewey's discovery in the drop-off box of the local library, he captured the reader's love and attention.... and never let go. However, where the book fell short was in the author's on-going saga of the hard times and financial woes of the agricultural district of Spencer, Iowa. This kept cropping up as if the author was trying to fill up space, had nothing to do with Dewey (obviously, the main focus of the book,) and meant absolutely nothing to someone who is not from the area.

While one could not help falling in love with Dewey, the author's writing experience (or lack of it, perhaps) was clearly evident by the style and lack of fine-tuned grammarical skills. Overall, the book was worth reading, especially for any cat lover, but do not expect a top-notch book such as that of "Marley and Me" by John Gorgan. This book does not even come close to Grogan's, but the reasons it did not live up to expectations had nothing to do with Dewey and everything to do with the author's writing style and off-topic rambling.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming story, April 3 2014
What a great book, what a great story! A tory about a cat whose life worth nothing at the beginning of his journey. Must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat, Sept. 6 2012
This is a wonderful, heartwarming book which moved me to tears at times. I particularly enjoyed Vickey Myron's personal story not only about her own life but about the town and the people of Spencer.

5.0 out of 5 stars this cat rules, April 2 2009
Inge Pohle - See all my reviews
I loved this story about a cat with a heart-wrenching beginning ,but with a life that held dignity , generosity and Love . Deweys love for people made him a celebrity. A good read for young and old .

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable cat!, April 22 2013
This book was given to me by a friend. It is well written and the book is based on a true story, if you are an animal lover you will like this one, it really touched me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved Dewey, April 6 2009
Canadian Christie (Prince George, British Columbia) - See all my reviews
I loved Dewey. I recommend this heart-warming novel to all animal-lovers, especially to those people who adore cats; you will enjoy this feline version of Marley & Me.

5.0 out of 5 stars touching, Dec 24 2013
wonderful story for both young and old plus my family are cat lovers I have bought for my grand daughters now I will send to my Sister in Law in UK also cat lover

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope the person who abandoned this beautiful kitty gets their visit from Karma, June 27 2015
Would read again and again. Hope the person who abandoned this beautiful kitty gets their visit from Karma. Dewey was one in a million.

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron (Hardcover - Sept. 24 2008)
CDN$ 21.99