5.0 out of 5 stars HEARTWARMING, HAPPY, AND HOPEFUL
Remember Marley: A Dog Like No Other, a canine greatly loved by his master? Well, here is Dewey, an abandoned orange kitten not only beloved by his mistress but by the entire town of Spencer, Iowa.

Dewey's origins were questionable as was his introduction to library director Vicki Myron. January 18, 1988 was a frigid Monday in Spencer. "It was a killing...
Published on Sept. 17 2008 by Gail Cooke

2.0 out of 5 stars I want my money back!!!
I'm not a cat person per se (I have two dogs) but I ordered this book after reading all those praising comments from well-known authors, among others, as well as the customer reviews on the Amazon website. Unfortunately, I do not agree with most of the reviewers. In fact, I'm very surprised that this book was a #1 New York Times Bestseller! Although I agree that Dewey's...
Published on Jan. 12 2010 by Jeannette McLaughlin

2.0 out of 5 stars Dewey, Jan. 26 2014
It got boring after a while. The book got monotonous, there is too much emphasis on the role that this cat plays in the community.

5.0 out of 5 stars touching, Dec 24 2013
wonderful story for both young and old plus my family are cat lovers I have bought for my grand daughters now I will send to my Sister in Law in UK also cat lover

5.0 out of 5 stars A warm lovely true story, Sept. 21 2013
This review is from: Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World (Hardcover)
Dewey was a remarkable cat that truly touched many lives. A joy to read often putting a smile on your face.

5.0 out of 5 stars A remarkable cat!, April 22 2013
This book was given to me by a friend. It is well written and the book is based on a true story, if you are an animal lover you will like this one, it really touched me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for any cat lover., March 7 2013
I bought this book as a gift for someone who loves cats and she related to me that it was well written and hard to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat, Sept. 6 2012
This is a wonderful, heartwarming book which moved me to tears at times. I particularly enjoyed Vickey Myron's personal story not only about her own life but about the town and the people of Spencer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tale, March 15 2012
This is a story i picked up to read to my children, and i found myself engrossed in the fantastic world of a self-made king of the jungle. I much rather prefer this story to The Lion King, truth be told. This is the edited paperback version and it forgoes a lot of personal details that apparently pop up in the original version. It is a very moving tale about a very special cat who made the most of his opportunity. Thoroughly enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars this cat rules, April 2 2009
Inge Pohle - See all my reviews
I loved this story about a cat with a heart-wrenching beginning ,but with a life that held dignity , generosity and Love . Deweys love for people made him a celebrity. A good read for young and old .

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved Dewey, April 6 2009
Canadian Christie (Prince George, British Columbia) - See all my reviews
I loved Dewey. I recommend this heart-warming novel to all animal-lovers, especially to those people who adore cats; you will enjoy this feline version of Marley & Me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming, Feb. 17 2010
Julia Vavatsikos (Montreal, Canada) - See all my reviews
I truly enjoyed reading this book and definitely recommend it. It's a simple story, but absolutely heart warming.

Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron (Hardcover - Sept. 24 2008)
CDN$ 21.99 CDN$ 16.05