5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful
This book is helpful in getting your appreciation of life in the right order not a ad idea for anyone
Published 3 months ago by Gamma5

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Je ne l'ai pas utilisé longtemps...
Published 1 month ago by Pier

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, June 27 2014
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
Je ne l'ai pas utilisé longtemps...

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, April 1 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude, Jan. 11 2013
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
It would have been perfect, except that it was written in - not a very nice surprise when I wanted a pristine copy.

3.0 out of 5 stars A NICE JOURNAL , BUT NOT MUCH WRITING SPACE., Nov. 22 2001
Sandra D. Peters "Seagull Books" (Prince Edward Island, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
If the intent of this journal was to record our blessings each day, then one would need to do some brief hand-scratching to record them in the extremely limited space provided. Perhaps it is based on my beliefs in Buddhist Philosophies, but I very much like the idea of giving thanks for five blessings we have received each day. Quite often though, I find myself often giving thanks for the same things over and over again: the love of my husband, good health, the beauty of nature, the joy of humanity and the peaceful nation in which I live. These precious gifts could be broken down further but the scanty amount of space does not leave much room for any lengthy thoughts. One really does have to do an abbreviated version, and that is the one major downfall of the book. For those who like to write with eloquent periphrastic flair, they will probably find the writing space on these pages is far from adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars simple abundance journal, Dec 12 2009
Sharon Tokarchuk "satokar" (canada) - See all my reviews
Everyone should own one,
It definatley changed my life.
Bought one for all my friends for christmas,

5.0 out of 5 stars A winner!, Nov. 23 2002
Maureen "Unitarian Universalist Minister, Lif... (Hendersonville, New Caledonia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
I don't usually like self-help books, as anyone perusing my other reviews will know. But this one is different -- it offers an easy path for personal transformation, and lays out pages attractive so all you have to do -- all! -- is write five things for which you are grateful, one each on five little lines, each day. Author even gives you several pages of hints for when your own "gratitude pump" runs dry. This quote is variously attributed to Meister Eckhart or Mother Theresa, but the words ring true 100% when applied to the use of this Gratitude Journal: "If the only prayer you ever say is 'thank you', that will be sufficient." Give this book a try -- but WARNING -- regular use may change your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be grateful!, July 1 2002
Diane Perkins (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
This book is a gentle reminder that no matter how bad your day was, you can find at least 5 things to be grateful for. A Guide to the Scriptures is another book to read and realize just how blessed you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Tool For Enrichment, Jan. 7 2002
K. Kramer (Newfield, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
This lovely book is perfect for recording those small (and large) blessings that truly constitute abundance. Some other reviewers have found fault with what they found to be limited space. But I think they've missed the point. This book never claimed to be a journal in the usual sense. When I write down a phrase or sentence describing something for which I am grateful, it opens the door to a realization of more and yet more things for which I am grateful. When I'm feeling low, I sometimes go back and read earlier entries and find myself smiling and experiencing again the joy of gratitude. Just this morning, I was reading some old entires and this phrase came into my mind: Happiness is a renewable resource. That thought in itself is a blessing to me. I've purchased two of these books in the past and am about to purchase several more, some for myself and some for gifts. It works!

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit Overated, June 27 2001
Sara Thacker (Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
You could buy a spiral bound notebook and it would be just as good.

4.0 out of 5 stars For your Gratitude Journal, not your everyday journalling..., Nov. 8 2000
This review is from: Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude (Hardcover)
The Journal of Gratitude is developed specifically for that purpose - the exercise of writing down 5 things each day for which you are grateful. It contains some nice quotes and thought provoking sayings that you may enjoy as well.
But if you are considering purchasing or giving this as a gift to someone who wants to keep a daily journal, you will not find enough space. As Career Planning and Development Host at BellaOnline, I like to do a lot of writing - and I do need more space.
But my Gratitude Journal is something special, and I like to have someplace special to do it - what better place than one where I can get a bit of a motivational quote at the same time to help me end my day in peaceful thought.
If you want to purchase a beautiful journal for your own gratitude book, you can go and select one from any bookstore out there, but be prepared to spend the same amount or more than you will pay for this one - the companion to the Book - Simple Abundance - which launched this wonderful project in the first place.
If we all took the time to be grateful for some simple things each day, how much happier could we be? Try it and find out...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude
Simple Abundance Journal of Gratitude by Sarah Ban Breathnach (Hardcover - Nov. 5 1996)
CDN$ 16.00 CDN$ 11.55