5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking yet uplifting!
Published on Nov. 10 2003 by L. Vince

3.0 out of 5 stars simplistic, yet touching..
i found parts of this book to be touching, the sister-brother relationship, and the lovers, yet, other parts seemed contrived, almost as if the writer was searching too hard for the absolutely correct descriptive phrase. all in all, a tender look at families, love, and forgiveness.
Published on May 23 2000 by J. Loving

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking yet uplifting!, Nov. 10 2003
L. Vince (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
WOW! I could not put this book down!!! It is one of those books you will never forget and you wish it would never end. The author writes so beautifully about a son/brother who is dying of AIDS and how it impacts his family, friends and his lover. Todd, the man who is dying, ends up teaching everyone a lesson about love. Its a truly wonderful book that will touch your heart and will make you look at your own relationships with loved ones differently. A MUST READ!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're looking here because you're not sure .., Jan. 31 2002
J. Taylor "chicoeldivo" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
then take my advice >> READ THIS BOOK! It's hard to believe that this is a first novel because it is so amazingly well written. (I genuinely felt like I was there in the house, in the room, with the wonderful characters!) It will only take you a short while to read -2/3 days max (and I'm normally a slow, SLOW reader!). The sub-title for this novel is "Scream the message of true love" and that's what this novel is all about: true love. And I loved it! The decline of Todd's health is heart-breaking -but ultimately inspiring. Read it and ENJOY every page!

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, Aug. 20 2003
Duke Marine (Newbury Park, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Traveling Light (Paperback)
Let me tell you, I picked up this book on a recommendation from a friend who had said that I needed to keep tissues handy. I was over halfway through the book and had only gotten the sniffles twice and was wondering just what a cry-baby my friend is.
Then I got toward the end of this book and cried like I have never cried over a book. And stupid me didn't keep the tissue handy!
This is truely a powerful book! I have read alot of books with a character suffering from AIDS as a focal point and I've never read one this poignant! The characters are so wonderfully written and their relationships are so clear and powerful that when the ravages of that terrible disease start to rip at everyone involved it literally rips your heart out too.
But don't get me wrong! Its not just a sob-story about AIDS meant to make you feel bad. Its an intricate tale of love - among friends, family, lovers, and even enemies. Its just a heart rendering look at human connections and a beautiful story with a tragic and yet almost inspiring ending.
And rememeber to keep tissues handy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving and powerful story, July 11 2012
I absolutely LOVED this book. The story was so touching and the way the characters formed a solid bond was very inspirational. Anyone looking for a story about AIDS and the effect it has one loved ones and families... this is the book for you. I could not put it down and was crying by the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars I fell in love with the characters!, Feb. 19 2012
I loved this book, so heartbreaking but so beautiful at the same time.. and so real! I absolutely fell in love with the couple in this book! I can't wait to read more of Kittle's books!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!!, July 3 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Traveling Light (Hardcover)
This is a beautifully written book. I read it several years ago and I still think about it and want to read it again. I cannot recommend this book enough. You will come away with a different perspective of life and others around you. I believe that is what the author intended. A fabulous read!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book read like a movie!!, Oct. 30 2013
I have not read in a long long time a book that felt like I was watching a movie on the big screen.

The flow and pace of Katrina's writing is exceptional and never letting go the essence of the humanitarian side of the story line!!!

I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved Traveling Light, May 9 2013
This review is from: Traveling Light (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. My only complaint was that it was not long enough. I look forward to reading more books by Katrina Kittle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, engaging novel, March 18 2013
This was a powerful novel about caring for someone gravely ill, the risk and rewards of loving unreservedly and the stupidity of bigotry. When I read the "blurb" I didn't think I would like it as much as it did and that it might be too serious. I was surprised at how much I cared about the characters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and Moving, Jan. 2 2013
I really found this book a worthwhile journey. It has a lot of important things to say about life, and many kinds of love, and more importantly, TIME. Reading the book, you can't help but start asking yourself what exactly you are doing with the time you have remaining to you.

Despite dealing with the last few months in the life of someone with a terminal illness, there is a fair amount of humour and other uplifting moments.

This would be an excellent read for those who might be struggling with homophobia or understanding homosexual love.

ARRAY(0xa5f83b64)

Traveling Light
Traveling Light by Katrina Kittle (Hardcover - April 6 2000)
Used & New from: CDN$ 0.01