Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Tools

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on August 10, 2010
I might have put the book down while I cooked supper and went to the bathroom but that was most likely it! I loved this book.

Mrs. Dews is a hard working, self sacrificing, self punishing, altruistic widow who works with her brother at a foundling home for orphans. Lord Caire is a cold, unemotional, sexually deviant aristocrat who can not stand to be touched. He requests Mrs. Dews help as a guide in the St. Guiles area to find the murderer of his former mistress.

The way Elizabeth Hoyt wrote the book kept me intrigued and excited for what might come next throughout the entire book. I didn't want the book to end so I am glad it will be a series.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2015
Although interesting, the story and main characters are very dark and somber. Yes life was really tough in that era in the very poor sections of
London - and how people survived I don't know. But when I read a romance novel, I want more than a depressing history lesson. I didn't get that from this book - it was too overloaded with sorrow
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse