Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Explore the Amazon.ca Vinyl LP Records Store NFL Tools

Worst Case
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on April 9, 2015
Not interested in reading this book
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
You would think an author of James Pattersons caliber would have made enough money without having to start advertising in such a blatantly distracting way by mentioning Verizon Wireless at every possible turn. I was put off by the first and second mention, but by the fifth time I was utterly and truly annoyed. I've got a bookshelf of his novels and after reading this one I feel truly and utterly disappointed by him "Selling out".

We all know there are subtle mentions of products in all novels. However it needs to be relevant and not insult the reader. This was shameless, uncomfortable and just plain cheesy. I'm totally disappointed with the author and the publishing house that felt it was appropriate.

The story, in this novel, was actually good. I've felt that in general James Patterson has started relying on his name a bit to much, but if he would have stuck to storytelling I would have been interested in purchasing further items in this series. At this point however if I want to be exposed to such commercialism I will stick with watching Television. At least I expect it there.

Jenine
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again